Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Let the Virtual Quilt Weekend Begin...

I hope to finish a fabric box. Recent surgery has me slow to recover, but I just might get the fabric box done!!!! Thanks for the inspiration.

Wow! some great looking projects, Kaelyn.

I'm still piecing on that little scrappy I showed you all last time. DH saw it and decided that the quilt needed to be bigger, and that we needed to keep it. Okay, but I still have to make a baby quilt to give away.
    Last edited by DebraK; 10-31-2013 at 04:20 PM.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Kaelyn, your OBW is exquisite! And you found that fabric at JoAnn's? I am on a fabric diet but I can see I am going to have to make an exception for this blue fabric. I haven't done a OBW yet but your's certainly is inspiring me.

OK, I am in. I have to tailor the sleeves on a dress jacket and a gorgeous blouse for my friend at church. That is a must since she already paid me. LOL Then, I am going to quilt some fabric to make a shoulder throw for my 85 year old Mom. Then, I have a million things I want to work on: fabric quilted boxes; purse for DGD, doll size quilts for the church bazaar that our table will be earning money for batting and backing to make quilts for those in need, quilted place mats to cover the trays we use in the living room. The list really goes on but these are the first items. I am baking a casserole size blueberry pie for my DH to take on his hunting visit with his nephews and grandnephews. I am sure it will be gone by tomorrow night!

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Will plan to join you tomorrow. Working on a wall hanging now. Will have to take pix with my cell phone, then text them to my DD who in turn will email them to me so I can upload them to the forum. (I have a "dumb" phone, not a smartphone, so I can't post directly from the phone to the forum ). Also need to figure out to border or not a string quilt, so count me in!

Anita
    Anita

I'd rather be stitchin' than in the kitchen!

Quote Originally Posted by kaelynangelfoot View Post
    Thank you! Here is a photo of the original. I found it at JoAnns, they also have it in a couple other colors.

Attachment 444308
    OMGsh! I would have had a very hard time cutting into that gorgeous fabric.. Your blocks are beautiful.
    One step at a time, always forward.

Blog Entries
    I'll join you (off and on) this weekend! We will be busy with other things too this weekend.

I already started by loading a small child's quilt that needs to be quilted and bound. Then there's 5 pairs of pants to hem....does that count????? Then there's a large child's quilt I need to quilt and bind.
    If I can get that all done (or nearly done) by Sunday night, I'd be a happy quilter!
    http://napquilting.com/
    http://alturl.com/euusk

My GOAL is always to ENJOY EVERY STEP of the quilting process....

Blog Entries
    wow, you have a great start. I plan to make my pincushions and finish them by sunday night.
    i'm planning on making December's and January's by the time the weekend is over.

DJ
    Greetings!

Love seeing all the beautiful projects being created!

I just finished a quilted casserole carrier (second one this week) and plan to continue stitching out some machine embroidery nativity figures. Then I have some coasters to stitch up. Next, I want to get a start on a tree skirt which will be a housewarming gift for DD#2. First, I want to pre-wash the red fabric with a color catcher. Those projects will keep me busy all weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by DJ; 10-31-2013 at 04:55 PM.
    DJ_____________________

I also started on the Starburst Quilt Along over at http://littlebunnyquilts.blogspot.com/.
    Here is my first block.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

Blog Entries
    I'm in too. Tomorrow Nancia is going to be here with me, so maybe we can join in. Don't know yet what I will be doing, but have plenty of things that I could work on.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast