Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Let's give some Gold Stars to our LQS/Fab. stores! >

Let's give some Gold Stars to our LQS/Fab. stores!

Let's give some Gold Stars to our LQS/Fab. stores!

Old 07-16-2010, 06:50 AM

Theresa's Fabrics in Moundsville WV and Pieces of the past in Harrisville WV are my 2 Gold Star Stores!! Always friendly and helpful.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:50 AM

There is a really nice LQS in Stephenville, Tx, called the Flying Needle, owner is Ann, she is very helpful and will also order something for you that you need that she doesn't have. They have a meeting there that is show and tell the first Saturday of the month which is a lot of fun, everyone brings what they are working on. They also have classes on a lot of different things and have lots and lots of great fabric. If anyone is every this way please stop by and see Ann and her staff.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:54 AM

Cottage Garden Quilt Shop in Ashton IL. They take new quilters under their wing and offer every type of support and advice you need. They even figure fabric quantities for patterns when all you have is a picture.

In the less than 1 year I have been quilting they have helped me tremendously and I refer people to them all the time.

The ladies are just absolutely wonderful. One of them also offered to give me quilting lessons so I could learn the wedding ring pattern! Name me another store where that happens! :)
Old 07-16-2010, 06:59 AM

If you're near Mason City, Iowa, this is a great sale to go to! She has an online store, but does this once a year sale.

http://www.beckysquiltsandcomforts.com/localcustomers

Coming in the summer of 2010, we will have our annual Posh Fibers Inventory Reduction Garage Sale---this time in Mason City, Iowa! This will be held at 707 S. Pierce St, Mason City, IA. This is a great opportunity to pick up high quality quilt fabric at MINIMAL prices! We have special prices even lower if you "FINISH A BOLT". DATES ARE: Wednesday July 21, Thursday July 22, Friday July 23 from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM AND Saturday July 24th from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Plan to come to Northern Iowa for great bargains and a GREAT TIME!
Old 07-16-2010, 07:43 AM

Navy Wife
You are so fortunate to have those shops in your back door! While at the Smoky Mountain Quiltfest last March, a friend took me to The Cherry Pit and Iva's. So much fun!
The Cherry Pit though was my favorite. Jane and her girls were outstanding with their attitude of "How can I wait on You"? They even took the time to audition fabric for my friend and assured her that they would cut the kit and send to her! How many shoppes would take the time to help audition, let alone cut a personal kit for you.
Ivas selection of fabrics was outstanding! I could really get in trouble there!
I love the Mountain Quiltfest! Have only missed one time since it started.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:20 AM

I am glad to see there is now a quilt shop in Coffeyville, KS. I had asked several people last fall and was told there was not one there. thank you for the post!.
:roll:
Old 07-16-2010, 08:25 AM

OK - here is my 5 cents' worth!
WEB FABRICS in Purcilleville VA. Has a great storefront and a huge web business. Always qulaity fabrics for $1-$2 less than most other LQS in my area. Owner is Carlye - who is great! Always has some type of community service project going - great fun way to spend a few hours.

Second one is "Wilson's, Your Favorite Quilt Shop" - in Hagerstown MD. YUP that is the name of the shop - if you don't believe me - check out their web site. Wonderful fabrics - everyone is very knowledgable and helpful - AND they also sell Pfaf and Viking machines - so they have embroidery designs and software as well. Great classes - displays at the store are ever changing, and are wonderful inspirations.

Third is Patches Quilt Shop in Mt Airy, MD. - WOW - over 6000 bolts of fabric in a large Victorian era home on Main St. Huge classroom on the 2nd floor - Friendly staff - and a nice supply of just about every fabric type you would ever want or need.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:42 AM

Needle and Thread in Statesville,NC. It's not very big but they are moving shortly to a larger location. It's like family when you go there. Theresa is the owner.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:55 AM

I always stop first at my LQS, Baron's Fabrics in Camarillo, CA. They are always friendly, helpful, and I love their fabrics.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:05 AM

We have a wonderful quilt store in Big Bear Lake CA......she has moved into a lovely new space and is always graciously inviting our guild to have some extra small meetings in her shop..........we are all so thankful that she is in our samll town..............