Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Life stays interesting because....

just when you think you know what you are going to do next, life throws you a curve. Smilessss.........
    I was excited to finish the Beautiful Birds quilt so I could start on one for my DGS, however, this morning at breakfast, I caught a curve ball. I learned that an acquaintance here in town has stage 4 breast cancer and is undergoing treatment. This takes precedence over just for fun quilts and I will be making her a comfort quilt now. In speaking to her daughter, I learned she loves birds and sage green and soft blues. How wonderful that I still have the rest of the bird fabrics out. I will just start right in with that. This quilt will not be all bright like the last one, tho, as she likes soft, soothing, restful things.
    Oh, and a new owner just took over our local diner so I want to work in a good luck wall hanging for them too.
    Life is just full of surprises!!! Always interesting, never boring.

Banned
    That was not a curve ball but a direct hit.......some things are meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Holice
    That was not a curve ball but a direct hit.......some things are meant to be.
    Ditto! But it will great. Universal Consciousness and all that..This was meant to be for you to do for your friend. =)

Linda, you are so very nice. I love hearing of people's kindness. Thank you for trying to make the world a better place!

Kat

Friends are for doing what we can to cheer and make our loved ones happier and more comfortable!

Since I love making baby quilts I am always waiting to hear who is pregnant!! Thank God I am too old!

Quote Originally Posted by CAJAMK
    Since I love making baby quilts I am always waiting to hear who is pregnant!! Thank God I am too old!
    LOL, I hear that!!!!!!!! My sister is the same way, she loves making baby quilts too.