Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Light on machine to the LEFT of the needle? >

Light on machine to the LEFT of the needle?

Light on machine to the LEFT of the needle?

Old 10-24-2012, 08:17 AM

My Bernina light burned out, and to get it replaced was over a hundred dollars, so I purchased the bendable bright light from Nancys Notions....mounted it on the side of my machine and it works great. Don't be fooled with a cheap/battery/velco ones...spend the little extra money and get the real deal, it is worth it in the long run, you can focus the very bright light right on the needle.....other option is a long arm 'architect' clamp on light....use that on my other machine.....
Old 10-24-2012, 09:54 AM

I have a flexible/bendable light that attaches with velcro. I purchased it a JoAnn's. It's not as bright as I'd hoped but better than nothing. I'm going to check into the flexible lights used for reading...maybe I can retro fit it.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by lap quilter View Post
I have a flexible/bendable light that attaches with velcro. I purchased it a JoAnn's. It's not as bright as I'd hoped but better than nothing. I'm going to check into the flexible lights used for reading...maybe I can retro fit it.
May I suggest you look into the one sold by Nancys Notions, the way it is attached to the machine REALLY keeps it steady when sewing... for me that was the key, all the others seemed to bounce !!!