Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Light on machine to the LEFT of the needle?

Super Member Central Ohio Quilter's Avatar

Light on machine to the LEFT of the needle?

I bought an old Montgomery Ward sewing machine for $10 at a community sale. Works great and sews beautifully!

My problem with it? The light is above the left side of the needle. That is not where the light is needed when I am sewing!

Does anyone else have a machine with the light on the wrong side? I have never seen one before! Why would they have put the light there? Makes no sense! I will have to get one of those clip-on lights or a magnetic light to use when I sew with this machine.

What auxiliary lights do you have for your machines?

Thanks for your help and ideas!

Blog Entries
    I have a clip-on light[cheap] on the bed of my sewing table. I love it because I can move it to the back, front or wherever. I also have some small ott lights to move around.

Blog Entries
    Just checked - I have an old FABULOUS plain Montgomery Ward sewing machine - it has the light on the left - never gave me any trouble sewing that way. But, a flexible, bendable light might help you.
    Nikki in MO

I've got a light that fits in the middle of the machine and it helps me see better. I just got it. It has aadhesive light that attaches. I might help.
    Jo

My Pfaff also has the light on the left, wasn't aware that there were machines that have it on the right, untill my friend bought a new machine with the light in the middle.
    greetz, fien
    http://quiltfien.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    I have the bendable light
    http://store.quilting-warehouse.com/086611.html

You can get additional bases and use the same light on all your machines. Well worth the price.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Blog Entries
    I think the light on the left of the machine is very helpful to lefthanded people. At least that is what I have found. I use a bendable lite and bend it so that the light is on the left side of the machine. Makes for a nice light area where I need it the most.

I got the $50 one at a quilt show a couple of years ago and have loved it. You could put it wherever you want. There is a cheaper one available that looks pretty good, too. So far I haven't used mine since I had the cataracts done and I'm betting it will be too bright for me now. We'll see.
    "The business of life is making memories. In the end, it is all we have." Butler Charlie Carson, Downton Abbey, season 4, episode 3, PBS.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    I adore my Bernie 1031 with a light to the left AND a light to the back, built in! I can see so well!

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

Blog Entries
    The lights on my Kenmore, Mum's old Singer, Mum's Elna are to the left of the needle behind the end cover. Those machines date from the early 60's through early 80's

My newer Janome has lights all over the place.
    Proud Parent of one Dwight Canada Student, my son graduated this year and is on his way to UVic.

http://dwightcanada.org/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast