Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: light for sewing room

]My Daughter needs a good light to sew by. Any suggestions? Have any of you used the Ott light?? Thanks, Nancy :D

I don't have an Ott, but it looks just like an Ott light and I love it. So much better than a shadowy overhead lite. I got mine when I bought my Oreck vaccum. My best investment. lol

I have two ott lights. They are great. I bought one at Costco and the other was a coupon buy at Michaels. Shop around for the best deal. JoAnn's and Michaels put them on sale all the time or at least have coupons you can use to cut the price.

:oops: what's an ott light. and why is it the best style? i need a good light for my sewing area. right now i use a pole light :cry: not so good.

Ott lights have bulbs that have full spectrum lighting. They tell you the exact color you are working with. I love mine. I have a table model and a floor lamp. Like Yvonne said look for coupons for JoAnn's and Michaels or watch for them to go on sale cause they can be pricey.

Debbie

I have an ott light for hand quilting. It was rather pricey but worth it. Marge

I don't have an Ott light, mine is a Day light and I wouldn't sew without it now. Best thing I ever bought. :)

I love my ott light... not just for sewing, but for reading too! And it is a must for hand work (for me that is). I bought mine (and one for my mother) at Joanne's online when they were having a 50% off sale on them. They do that a couple of times a year. Barb C

other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia
    Blog Entries
    it isnt fair....i want to live in america too as we dont get coupons..i will have to save forever to get the things i need not to mention the things that i want as well.... :cry: :cry:

Thanks so much girls for all the info about the lights, it was very helpful. Nancy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast