Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: lighted magnifying glass/ quilt shops

My DH and I are going to the Grand Canyon. I am looking for a lighted magnifying glass to use in the car while traveling. I would like to have one that can operate on batteries with the option of using it plugged into the wall. Does anyone have a favorite that they would recommend? Also we will be traveling from Birmingham by way of I-10 in one direction and I-40 in the other. Any suggestions on must see quilt shops? Thanks

Or one that can be charged from cigarette lighter or phone jack?

i found one at hobby lobby for my husband (he works on models) it has batteries- a great magnifier- and LED lights so will last a long time-and don't get hot- it also has a cord so it can be plugged in- i don't know if you could use an adapter for cigarette lighter- but i bet it could.
    he loves it-says it's absolutely great!

I found a couple of mine at Joanns! A small one with tweezers and a larger one that is used for maps etc.! Both are battery operated and lighted!

Power Poster
    The last time I was in Walmart they had a really nice selection of magnfying glasses with lights (battery) in the sewing section. They also had a few at the eye glass shop in the Walmart but they were more money. Check your Walmart first and see if they have them.