Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: liht for machine. i have wanted to buy a light that will help me see the needle on my machine.i

i have found 1 for $39.00 which is tooooo much. lately i was in lowes and found IT.it is a led light and has a big clip that i put on the handle of my janome. it is soo bright i can now see it all. the best part is it's only $18.00.it has a goose neck so i can put it at any angle it is also electric.djw

That's great! I have a couple of LED clip on book lights that I use when the power goes out or on my treadle machines, but really, one bulb is not quite bright enough.

I'd like to find one like yours - do you have a product name that I can look up so I know what to look for?

I bought a new light for my handcrank just tonight! It runs on batteries and is actually a light designed for a grill (the kind you cook on)! It has a bunch of LED bulbs, and it can either sit or clamp on (I have it clamped on my sewing table). It has a long flexible neck between the clamp and the lights. I haven't used it much, but it looks very promising. I bought mine at Lowe's, but it was just under $30.

Pam

Hi,the name on it is Intertek model # is17783-003 and i bought it at Lowes djw

I'm going to IKEA today to see if they do anything suitable, as my 201 doesn't have a light and threading the needle is a nightmare.
    I may also end up in the fabric section :wink: