Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lil, Twister

Lil, Twister

I bought a ruler at the Saskatoon Quilt Show & I'm wondering if anyone here has tried one. It calls for 5" squares & a 3" boarder. I was wondering do I have to do the boarder? It makes such cute blocks, but I guess I wasn't listening close enough, or didn't ask enough questions.

You really need the border to finish it. If you didn't have it you would have half of a windmill on the outer edges. They are really fun to do and go together really quick.

Greeter Eva, I have done the lil twister both with and without the border. I will see if I can attach photos to show you. The bottom left one has had a 3inch border added, the rest haven't - just the 5inch squares joined together and then used the twister tool.

Twister quilts are just so much fun to do
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

Blog Entries
    The border becomes part of the blocks. Is not a traditional use of a border. After you get all the blocks finished and sewn together, the you can add a real border.

Power Poster
    They look nice either way. There are also other patterns to do with the twister. I've seen the Christmas wreath, Christmas tree, Heart shaped, tablerunners and Halloween patterns. Basically any pattern you can work out on graph paper can become a twister design. Have fun!

Thankyou for all the info & thankyou Lynnie for the pics. Now it all makes sense to me, what the boarder is for. This is such a nice board to get all the info you need. Thanks again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnie25 View Post
    Greeter Eva, I have done the lil twister both with and without the border. I will see if I can attach photos to show you. The bottom left one has had a 3inch border added, the rest haven't - just the 5inch squares joined together and then used the twister tool.

Lynnie, thanks so much for posting the pic. It's so easy to visualize the difference when one has something to look at. I think i prefer the border look, but the non-border is not bad at all.
    Nancy in western NY

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnie25 View Post

Thanks for posting the pictures - I really like both types - with an extra border and without. The extra border would allow you to bring out a certain color in the piece. Very nice work!!

I would use a border. I think it finishes the quilt.

Darn it Lynnie25, I almost had myself talked out of wanting one of those twisters but after seeing your quilts, I want one again...beautiful work!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast