Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Lil Twister template

Blog Entries

Lil Twister template

Could someone please tell me when the lil twister template came into the quilting world, I have seen tutorials on you tube from 2010, but then someone told me that it didn't come out until 2011... Help please.

Blog Entries
    Country Schoolhouse in Superior WI makes the tools. They published the first book in 2010.
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.

Power Poster
    Yes, the tool has been out for a while. There are many quilts and a similar pattern that has been around a lot longer that you did using templates to cut individual pieces. The Twister tool sure makes the pattern easier and more accurate.

the little twister tool is great, I have the 3 1/2inch size. there are two other sizes, 1 1/2 inch and 8 inch one. Fun tool to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by mic-pa View Post
    the little twister tool is great, I have the 3 1/2inch size. there are two other sizes, 1 1/2 inch and 8 inch one. Fun tool to work with.
    There are actually 4 sizes out: Twister (10" squares), Lil Twister (5" squares), Primitive Pinwheels (3 1/2" squares) and Itty Bitty Primitive pinwheels (2 1/2" squares).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Handcraftsbyjen View Post
    There are actually 4 sizes out: Twister (10" squares), Lil Twister (5" squares), Primitive Pinwheels (3 1/2" squares) and Itty Bitty Primitive pinwheels (2 1/2" squares).
    How big are the squares you use for the large twister that makes a 10" square?
    Quilting in the Desert

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby the Quilter View Post
    How big are the squares you use for the large twister that makes a 10" square?
    The sizes of squares that I wrote are the sizes of the original squares you sew together, not the size if each template.

Blog Entries
    Wanted to thank everyone for the information, this is one of my favorites.