Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Liquid Stitch?

Blog Entries
    I was reading about using Liquid Stitch for applique in this post:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-34197-3.htm

How does it hold up after time? Any problems with discoloration later?

I've never used it but it looks intriguing.

Blog Entries
    I would be leery of using a permanent glue, getting it accidentally on the rest of the blocks. You can use Elmers school glue in the same manner and it will wash off easily. Just heat set the glue after applying :D:D:D You can buy the little applicator tips at Walmart in the acrylice craft paint aisle. You get 3 plastic screw on lids/caps and 3 metal tips for under $4.

I believe another member had some fabric glue get on her quilt a while ago...she tried everything to get it off, to no avail....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amma
    I would be leery of using a permanent glue, getting it accidentally on the rest of the blocks. You can use Elmers school glue in the same manner and it will wash off easily. Just heat set the glue after applying :D:D:D You can buy the little applicator tips at Walmart in the acrylice craft paint aisle. You get 3 plastic screw on lids/caps and 3 metal tips for under $4.

I believe another member had some fabric glue get on her quilt a while ago...she tried everything to get it off, to no avail....
    Good to know. I do use the Elmers when I do the binding. I'll keep that in mind for applique too. Or just stick w/fusible. I do cut out the middle whenever I can to reduce the bulk. It does make a difference.

the liquid stitch is good to hold pieces but i still sew them down...it's just (for me anyway) a way to hold them without pins
    i used it without stitching on a wall hanging, it's ok, but i wouldn't trust it to hold up forever with washing involved