Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Log Cabin Quilt as you Go.

I've been reading posts and learning about quilting as you go which I think would be a great option for me. Years ago I had seen a woman quilt as you go a log cabin quilt. I thought I remembered how it went, I've been concerned about lines on the back and where they should stop and start...I know...what you do is what you meant to do as far as anyone else knows... :wink: but being a perfectionist I wanted to do it just right! Tonight I finally found a picture of how it should look finished and it finally makes sense! It would be so nice if these sites and books explained not just how to do each step with big words but just showed you a few pictures of before and after! Anyway I just had to share that the light has gone on and this coming week I am going to find time to quilt! (I'd start now but it's midnight here and I am just getting off work.)

If anyone is looking for me this week.... :D you all know where I'll be!

Oh yeah! Thanks for all the inspriation! :)

Go to it girl! Can't wait to see the results. :D

We want to know the details of what you discovered when the lights came on. I think I may have the same problem. Can you share?? Please, please??

I have been looking for directions for log cabin quilt as you go, so anything you learn and can share would be appreciated. Pictures would be wonderful. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    also had issues with those line when i QAYGed a log cabin-ish quilt last year. would be very interested to see front and back of one of your blocks.

so drop everything and go do it, please. the suspense is killing us.
    :mrgreen:

You know something? The light went back out when I went to bed. :( BUT I do plan on trying some stuff with some sample blocks and when I get it figured out will let you all know. :)

I, too, have wondered how the back would look...and how to accomplish what you want in stitching as you go.

Can you share??

here's one idea http://www.quiltingworks.com/cabin-fever/projects/quiltasyougo.htm

THANK YOU !!!! Site tagged !!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast