Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Lone Star Quilt

Lone Star Quilt

My mother & I were talking and Looking at patterns and she asked about the Lone Star Pattern. So we went there...only to find all 8 pointed Lone Stars, But she said the the original Lone Star is only a 5 Pointed Star. I have been looking the internet for a quilt pattern for this star and haven't found any. So I'm asking if any of you have seen this pattern or have done a 5 pointed Lone Star Quilt? I have been reading this QB for about a yr. now, and we have alot of QuiltSmart People here. Seems if there is a question asked, someone knows the answer or where to get it. Thanks in advance..

Sorry, but I have only seen and helped my mom make the 8 point star. I've seen everything from 4 colors up to 8 colors. Could this be what she is talking about? I'm going to follow this thread to see if anyone comes up with one.
    Alma
    Nami to 6

Power Poster
    I don't think I've ever seen a 5 point Lone Star. You might find something if you search under Texas Star? You could draft one yourself and then you'll have an original. Maybe someone else has seen one and can give you a site. Maybe one of the ladies with EQ7 will help out.

I did an "image google search" for 5 pointed star quilts and really the only one that closely resembles is this picture. http://johnflynnquilts.blogspot.ca/2...sun-quilt.html

Looking for Lone Star Quilt

Hi, I went looking through my collections of patterns and found this. Not sure if it is what you are looking for or even close but it does have 5 points.

Evelyn
    Attached Images Attached Images

Do we still have quilting police. Yes we do.

A star can have as many points as you desire. It can be symmetrical or not. It can be pieced, PP, foundation pieced, appliqued, or even embroidered.

Your imagination is what counts. Decide on: number of points and symmetrical or not. If you want it symmetrical you might want to do the free download for circular/round graph paper. That way you can see where to put the points. If you want it assymetrical the just use plain paper, and maybe a ruler, and sketch it out. Then draw it out and play with it on paper.

If this is confusing PM me next week when I can think more clearly and gert to my various resources.

ali
    Have fun quilting! If it isn't fun, you will miss a lot.
    ali

I like this one - not seen one patterned this way before!

Quote Originally Posted by EvelynJ View Post
    Hi, I went looking through my collections of patterns and found this. Not sure if it is what you are looking for or even close but it does have 5 points.

Evelyn
    Shannon

A circle is 360 degrees. Divide by the number of points you want and draft any star you want. 360/5=72. I use roll ends from the newspaper printing process and draft large-scale pieces. It's a lot of fun. Butt two rulers together to get long lines.

I made a Lone Star with only 5 points.Love it would like to see one with 8.

It is made the same as the 8 point you just use a 60 degree diamond template instead of the 45 degree.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast