After seeing so many lovely Lone Star Quilt projects I decided to bite the bullet and give it a try.
I found a pattern at angelfire.com that made sense to me. Or at least it did until I started cutting the 45 degree strips. Not a problem with the pattern or instructions, a problem with ME - sometimes I can be so dumb!
Any way after reading, re-reading and reading again I finally THOUGHT I had figured it out and took the plunge and began sewing the strips together. Two sewn...not happy with the points. Carefully rip out the seam, reposition the pins and try again...still not happy. I am frustrated! So I walked away and left it for the next day.
Thought about it again. Repositioned the pins and sewed the seam once again...Ta da, the points match. I am practically jumping for joy!
Thank heavens for STARCH! Without it I'd be doomed.
Here is the completed first 'arm' of the Lone Star...I now have two completed. I have to say that as I continued sewing the strips I only had to rip out part of one seam. I am taking the remainder of the evening off - don't want to mess up a good thing.