Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Lone Star woes .... and a date with a seam ripper

Lone Star woes .... and a date with a seam ripper

I'm making my first lone star. Typical of me, I didn't choose an easy lone star (as if there is one), I chose to do a MINI lone star.

All was going well until ... I put the two halves together and have two giant ripples!!

I had checked each blade carefully for accuracy, guess I didn't check it well enough. I put a ruler to it this time to check that each diagonal seam was straight and I have a couple that are just a little bit off. With mini's .. a little turns into a LOT in the "end game".

So ... a ripping I will go. It's paper pieced too, I hope the paper will hold up well enough for me.

Grrrrrrr
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

I hope you get it straightened out, I know how frustrating it can be, though I have not done mini and I understand that can be a completely different animal. I am sending you a sympathy hug!
    Sheila N.

When Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, he tried over 2000 experiments before he got it to work. A young reporter asked him how it felt to fail so many times. He said, "I never failed once. I invented the light bulb. It just happened to be a 2000 step process."

I am sorry!

I have tried the Lone Star a couple of times - never paper pieced and I have a very difficult time with the same thing - I get this puffy middle - and I have a hard time getting the diamonds sewn together with the correct seam. Just not my thing for now.

I wish I could help you all! Stars really are easy.

Hang in there. You can do this!!

Power Poster
    I only did one once. I ended up having to get about a B cup out of the middle. A lot of ripping and stitching and it finally layed flat but the middle diamonds were not perfect and it really bugged me. Never again. Good Luck?