Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Long Arm Quilting DVD / recommendations

Long Arm Quilting DVD / recommendations

What are your recommendations for long arm quilting lessons on DVD. I'm a visual person and all the books in the world are not cutting it for me. I have a HQ Avante with a 10' Studio frame.

I know that HQ has the set of DVD's but if someone can give me a review on them or suggest something else I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

I am curious what people say here. I took a class for the same reason. I recently saw a series of Sharon Schamber DVDs at a quilt expo - they looked really good and I am curious to see if anyone recommends them. She does gorgeous FMQ. I would also think Diane Gaudynski does good DVD instruction, but not sure about that. I will watch this thread with interest, thanks for asking!!
    Sheila N.

When Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, he tried over 2000 experiments before he got it to work. A young reporter asked him how it felt to fail so many times. He said, "I never failed once. I invented the light bulb. It just happened to be a 2000 step process."

Blog Entries
    Did you watch the HQ free videos? There is a lot of information that is beneficial. Also, I find a lot of great youtube videos on longarm quilting.
    Sadiemae

The ones that I really love are on QNN - the longarm quilting show. It's especially handy for HQ owners, because those are the machines they use for all the demos.

try watching some videos on youtube. That won't cost anything and you can see so much there. I am a visual learner also. I watched the pajama quilter's dvd(she is good) and Adam Chenevert's dvd. I got his off etsy, his shop is called pinktext. He does detailed feathers and he breaks them all down and makes it alot easier. Hope this helps a little bit.
    Good luck on your quilting!!!
    enjoy your life...it's the only one you have!!!
    Heather