Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: longarm/midarm beginner

longarm/midarm beginner

I have bought a midarm quilting machine and live in the country too far away from anywhere to take classes. Does anyone know where to find the best online classes, dvd's or youtube clips? I have searched youtube but there are so many and so far, what I have found hasn't been very helpful.
    Also I am in Australia and wondering about the American quilting shows on tv. Are they worth subscribing to over the internet?

Hope you can help me
    A Quilters fun is never done!

i have heard craftsy.com is good and someone called the pajama quilter....
    So many quilts, so little time :-)

http://www.longarmuniversity.com/ you can find some free classes here, they also have classes that can be purchased. I know a few people from other forums have taken these classes and been very pleased.

I have really liked youtube with the quilting. Some you have to be selective, but I have learned so much when I started. Little things, about pulling thread up when you start and finish was the first thing that came to mind.

Handi Quilter has a whole Quilters Academy of videos. Handcrafters House can help you.

I just bought one of Kim Brunner's DVDs. It's wonderful! She hits on things that I haven't seen before and she's very good at explaining how and why you do things.

I would direct you to the Pajama Quilter, but I just checked over there an it says they are sold out of her DVD. I would look at the trailers for both of them. Maybe ask if they will get anymore in. I love her stuff..and great for a beginner.

www.pajamaquilter.com
    Beth in AZ
    www.bzyqltr.blogspot.com
    Innova 22' with Lightning Stitch and Pantovision
    Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain

There ae numerous you tube tutorials, just look around until you find something that looks interesting.
    http://www.oregonquilting.net
    I choose to give my life away for things that last forever

Thank you ladies, I checked out Pajama Quilter and yes they are sold out, but will try asking if they will be getting more. I also had a look at Longarm University and there is some interesting stuff on there so I will be looking into some classes. I will also look into Kim Brunner. Youtube .... well i guess I will just have to be patient as I sift through the good, the bad and the ugly. Thanks again

Ooh I have just had a look at the Handi Quilter site! lots of video's there!
    Last edited by happyjan; 02-14-2013 at 11:30 PM.
    A Quilters fun is never done!

Have you checked to see if there is a forum for the owners/users of the same brand quilting machine you are using?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast