Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LongArm Panto's

I have a 18" nolting and am curious which pantos the "experts" feel are the best to start practicing with for a newbie. :D
    I am also looking for a great book/video that would help with the process of learning panto placement. There are so many advertised as "the best" but figure experience speaks louder than advertisement.
    Thanks

I have not yet bought any pantos so I am looking forward to seeing all the responses to this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltingsavta
    I have not yet bought any pantos so I am looking forward to seeing all the responses to this.
    Me too! :)

Well, I know there are many gifted longarm quilters here, so figured it's the best place to ask.

Blog Entries
    As a newbie I bought panthos (which look to complicated for my newness) and rulers that I am not ready to jump into. Interested in seeing other posts for suggestions. Good question :-)

I like one called Chantilly Lace because it is loopy. You want to get a flow going so stay away from straight line, to start with. This is just my opinion.
    Here's Chantilly Lace.

https://www.baysidequilting.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=1863]https://www.baysidequilting.com/stor...idproduct=1863[/url]

I had the 17" Nolting Fun Quilter for many years and learned thru experience that any panto over 10" is too wide.... if you stay under that size, you'll be fine.
    I like Popcorn, Cotton Candy, Wildflower and most any of the Jody Beamish pantos. Hers have a nice flow.
    Have fun and remember to 'dance' with the machine!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JillC
    I have a 18" nolting and am curious which pantos the "experts" feel are the best to start practicing with for a newbie. :D
    I am also looking for a great book/video that would help with the process of learning panto placement. There are so many advertised as "the best" but figure experience speaks louder than advertisement.
    Thanks

Have it!!! will try that one for sure..also isn't there a way to know if the panto's are "nesting" so that you can line them up easier?
    Thanks

I keep trying to "dance" flow but everyonce in awhile I trip over my own 2 feet!!! End up getting some really interesting goobers amongst the smoother sections!

Thanks Kathy and Whinnytoo....I can use all the suggestions I can get.
    I am only doing my own quilts and projects, never want to do quilt tops for others. But do want to explore and play with my own.
    I am busily printing out the suggestions. Any ideas are much appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast