Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Longarm quilting question >

Longarm quilting question

Longarm quilting question

Old 08-05-2012, 04:43 PM

Yes, I float my tops with the batting. I do a straight line of stitching on top of the batting and backing, pin my top along that line starting in the center and pulling slightly to each side then pin down the sides. I don't have any problems keeping my tops square on frame. Each of us have our own way of working on the frame. Not all ways are good for all of us....
Old 08-05-2012, 05:33 PM

Yes, I usually float the top of the top and batting. Occasionally I unpin the bottom of the top when I get to the end of the quilt and float it on the batting and backing. This enables me to quilt closer to the bottom edge.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by CoyoteQuilts View Post
Yes, I float my tops with the batting. I do a straight line of stitching on top of the batting and backing, pin my top along that line starting in the center and pulling slightly to each side then pin down the sides. I don't have any problems keeping my tops square on frame. Each of us have our own way of working on the frame. Not all ways are good for all of us....

I use this same method. However, next time I use Quilters Dream Puff and maybe even the Dream Wool. I think I will try pinning the bottom edge of the quilt top to my roller. The extra loft takes more care and effort to keep the quilt square and I thought this might help.