Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: LONGARM RENTAL

Hi, I've heard tell of people being able to rent time on longarm machines. Does anyone know of such a thing in the Houston TX area?

There is a dealer here who rents their floor model. Find a dealer who sells the machines and ask if they do or know who does.

Try your local quilt stores too they might rent one or know of someone that does.

Some quilt stores do, but you have to take a class first usually

Blog Entries
    Sorry I cannot help with TX but we rent time on our longer machine here in Ontario. We have met some lovely quilters and have had so much fun watching clients complete their projects

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by allie1448
    Sorry I cannot help with TX but we rent time on our longer machine here in Ontario. We have met some lovely quilters and have had so much fun watching clients complete their projects
    I've had thoughts of renting mine. Do you charge by the hour or by the project?

Blog Entries
    Clients must first take our two hour lesson so that they have some knowledge of our machine and we then charge by the hour for rental. We also ensure that someone is with the quilter to help out and for the first couple of projects we do all the bobbin winding and replacing and also lint clean up so that we know our machine is being taken good care of. We will never make our fortune but meet lovely people and also see some amazing work. It is good fun