Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Look What Dear Husband Made To Help Me

Look What Dear Husband Made To Help Me

Here is a few of the items that my dear husband has made to help me with my quilting, craft and embroidery work. First, I am always looking for ways to organize my collection of "stuff". I use a lot of ribbon and trim when I am making pin cushions. Here is what he designed. There are two dowels going from end to end that are removable for replacing the spool or adding one to the rack.

Name:  Ribbon rack made for Sharon.jpg
Views: 5208
Size:  34.3 KB

I was doing a lot of embroidery work on quilt squares. I have a difficult time sitting still. I have to be doing something with my hands so I was taking it in the car with me. He made this hoop for me to set between my legs. The weight of my legs secures the hoop stand in place. The hoop is also adjustable as to the angle. I like it a lot.

Name:  Emboidery hoop.jpg
Views: 5156
Size:  42.6 KB

This is a large hoop that I use when I am hand quilting or embroidering. He saw one that a friend of mine had so he made me one. We put a thick padding on the base and it lets me use the base as a pin cushion. I also tie a small pair of thread snips around the leg with a piece of ribbon. I just sit it on my lap and start to work. He is so handy. It is great to have a handy man around the house. He also makes all my templates out of plexiglas and keeps my scissors sharpened and my machine in good repair. And, that wasn't even in my wedding vows. LOL

Name:  Lap hoop.jpg
Views: 5155
Size:  63.6 KB

And, I'm sorry ladies, I don't rent him out and he is definitely not for sale.
    Last edited by twinkie; 09-24-2012 at 02:45 PM.

I'm always amazed at how clever men can be with their tools. Those are good enough to be sold at the quilt shows. It's so nice that you show your love and appreciation of each other.

Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters
    Blog Entries
    What a wonderful thing to do for you! I would take a handmade thoughtful gift over diamonds any day!
    From the artist formerly known as Missus Fear...Hi, my name is Tracy and I am a hobbyaholic.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/m...ear-79671.html

Your hubby does beautiful work!
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Talking

Iffin ya aint's agonna rent him out why ja tell us aboot 'em? Kidding aside, those are beautiful creations!

Twinkie, Can you post a picture of your avatar quilt? I have a friend who did embroideried something similar with her mother years ago (mom is gone now) and asked me to help her put it into a quilt. I'd sure like to see yours better... it looks beautiful.

If you'd rather, you could pm me. Sierra

Blog Entries
    Wow, youre so lucky to havee a great husband and one that can build things

If you will PM me your e-mail address, I will be glad to send you the pictures. It was hand made in 1936 by Mrs. Ruth Dixon in Tennessee. I am absolutely amazed at the scalloped edges. I have never seen them done the way Mrs Dixon did them. I am blessed enough to have three of Mrs. Dixon's quilts plus a baby blanket she did for her daughter in 1929. Donna

QUOTE=Sierra;5538659]Iffin ya aint's agonna rent him out why ja tell us aboot 'em? Kidding aside, those are beautiful creations!

Twinkie, Can you post a picture of your avatar quilt? I have a friend who did embroideried something similar with her mother years ago (mom is gone now) and asked me to help her put it into a quilt. I'd sure like to see yours better... it looks beautiful.

If you'd rather, you could pm me. Sierra[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by twinkie; 09-24-2012 at 03:22 PM.

It is so wonderful when men not only actually pay attention to what we are doing but think of ways to help us do what we do. You are very blessed.
    http://www.oregonquilting.net
    I choose to give my life away for things that last forever

He's not for sale??? Darn!

WOW, what a clever husband!!! Thanks for sharing. Those are great.
    so many quilts to make, so little time.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast