Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking For A "Caite/Kate" Titled Pattern >

Looking For A "Caite/Kate" Titled Pattern

Looking For A "Caite/Kate" Titled Pattern

Old 01-02-2011, 04:33 PM

I have two DDs, Madison and Caitlyn. While doing my sampler quilt I included the block, "Madison House" and my oldest DD, Madison, loved it. :wink: My youngest, Caite, who's only 6, looked a little longingly on the block and asked if I could make a "Caite" block for her.

I told her that I didn't name the "Madison House" block and showed her the book where I found the pattern and she understood that I hadn't made that block specifically for her sister. But she was so sweet about it and I started thinking that if there is a "Caite/Kate" block/quilt out there, I could make them each their own quilts for their birthdays. I'm not sure if there is one but I thought I had seen something to that effect once before. I also thought that if anyone would know, someone on here would.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:03 PM

there is an Alaskan Quilter who designed applique patterns of a small girl and boy names Kuspuk Kate and Parka Pete. I'm sure you can find them if you google it. Her patterns have the kids doing different things that are traditionally Alaskan
Old 01-02-2011, 05:09 PM

I just googled Kate and got a "Kiss Me Kate" pattern by Me & My Sister Patterns at Clotilde. $8.99 (I think).
Old 01-02-2011, 05:12 PM
Power Poster

I have one or two of the Kaspuk Kate and Parka Pete patterns by Jean Campbell. They are adorable. You can see more of them here:

http://www.alaskastitching.com/Quilts%20Campbell.html
Old 01-02-2011, 07:32 PM

http://www.quilterscache.com/K/KatiesChoiceBlock.html
Old 01-03-2011, 06:20 AM

I'm thinking there is one named Katie's Star, too. You might let Caite pick out a block design that she particularly likes and let her name it --Caite's Favorite. As popular as the name Katie is nowadays, surely you won't have trouble finding ones already named though.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:38 PM

Thanks! She's 6 so when I asked her what kind of quilt she wanted she had no idea and was a little overwhelmed when I showed her my block dicionary. :D I told her about "Kiss Me Kate" but she gagged (she's a very severe tomboy) but likes the idea of "Katie's Star". She likes star gazing so it sounds perfect for her. I was thinking of designing an applique quilt for both of them to make it "fair", which is very important at this age, but she just liked the idea of a block that already had her name.