Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: looking for a block

Question looking for a block

i have been looking for a 12 1/2" Idaho star block. i'm sure one of you ladies must have a 50 state block book. i need it this week and have checked all the sites i can find with no luck. i'd appreciate any help you can give me. thanx

May be you can find it here: www.quilterscache.com

Try this link:

http://www.quiltblocklibrary.com/sea...p?q=idaho+star

I was recently looking for a 12 1/2" Spinning Spools pattern.....also no luck. I finally drew it out on graph paper like I wanted it to look using one square per inch. Instead of using "Y" seams, I substituted half square triangles. It took some time, but I managed and am happy with the final produjct. Good luck on your project.
    Linda

I have the book Royal Stars of the States, 50 majestic quilts, from House of White Birches. There is an Idaho star block in it but it is not 12 1/2. It makes a 79 x 79 quilt.
    Jeanann

PROQUILTINATING : Working on quilting when you should be cleaning, doing laundry, or cooking.

who is the book by or the block variation by that you are looking for?
    when life gets you down go and talk with a little kid. They will help you work out even the worst problems with their simple logic.

Blog Entries
    Is the one posted on this site the one you are looking for? It appears more ornate than the others found on the Internet.
    This is from Carol Doak 50 Fabulous Paper Pieced Stars.

http://www.niftyfiftyquilters.com/nf22.html

a small village about 65 miles north of NYC
    Marcia Hohn (Quilter's Cache) has the Idaho Beauty which finishes at 16" - but if you downsize the pieces by 1/4, i.e. the hsts finish at 1-1/2" instead of 2", the center squares are 3" instead of 4", etc., it will finish at 12" - easy peasy and quite stunning!
    He who cuts his own wood is warmed twice, but she who makes her own quilt is warmed forever - SLR 11/7/2011

Lived in San Diego now retired in Eagar, AZ.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leggz48 View Post
    Try this link:

http://www.quiltblocklibrary.com/sea...p?q=idaho+star

I was recently looking for a 12 1/2" Spinning Spools pattern.....also no luck. I finally drew it out on graph paper like I wanted it to look using one square per inch. Instead of using "Y" seams, I substituted half square triangles. It took some time, but I managed and am happy with the final produjct. Good luck on your project.
    thank you so much for sharing this site.... have been in quilterscache for years and I love them, but now we have another... thanks again...

thank you ladies, i downloaded the Idaho beauty and will redraw it. absolutely loved the pp block but couldn't find a way to copy it.