Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Looking for Blue 110" Flannel Backing

Looking for Blue 110" Flannel Backing

I've been trying to find a wide blue backing flannel that would look nice with blue batik quilt top. The only place I have found so far with ANY blue that will ship to Canada (link later) is thousands of bolts and it's not really what I want. Has anyone seen any that would coordinate nicer with batik colourings? Thanks for any help. http://www.thousandsofbolts.com/inde...search_string=

Have you considered using a blue flannel sheet? I use flannel sheets for quilt backs all the time and a King sized sheet would be large enough. Both Sears and Winners may have flannel sheets. I know Wal-mart has flannel sheets too but rarely seem to have King sized. I live in Ontario and Len's Mills is an excellent source for sheets but I know there are no Len's stores in B. C. My local Giant Tiger (small department store found in Ontario and Quebec) often has flannel sheets (seconds) for less than $12 and I pick up a bunch when I see them.
    Shelbie from the High County in Southern Ontario

Maybe Fabric.com I have had good luck with them.

Thanks, just went to fabric.com and they have the same fabrics only $1 more per yard & the shipping is $1 more.

It exists ... patience and persistance and you will find.
    Shelbie's suggestion re using sheets is perfect, and chances are, less costly than yardage.

Shelbie ... As an FYI, when I was in Floradale pre-Christmas, they had the extra wide flannelette. Add that to your "delivery" list this spring!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've never used a sheet as a backing before & wonder how it would work with a batik front. To be honest I've never even seen a beautiful flannel sheet and that's the only kind I would want.... guess I better get out more

Lived in San Diego now retired in Eagar, AZ.
    Blog Entries
    fabric.com, marshalldrygoods.com, missouriquiltco.com.....go to all three and search for 'wide fabric'....they all sell it but of course, the colors come and go...