Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Looking for Canadian flag/mapleleaf fabric

Looking for Canadian flag/mapleleaf fabric

I am making a " Spy" quilt for my three-year-old grandson, whose father (and other grandparents) are Canadian. His birthday is in January if I don't get it finished by Christmas. I thought it would be neat to put a Canadian flag or maple leaf in his quilt. Can't find any embroidery patterns for it. Has anyone seen such a fabric? Are there any online Canadian fabric sites where I could purchase a small amount? I need a 5 inch square charm. Thank you for any help you might be able to give me.

Linda

Blog Entries

Maple Leaves

It is harder to find Canadian Flag fabric than US Flag fabric. Generally it is only found in the Canadian equivalent of Joannes (FabricLand) prior to Canada Day.

There are lots of Maple Leaf block patterns and appliques.

http://www.patricklose.com/shop/Mach...maple-leaf.htm Patrick Lose design

http://www.patricklose.com/shop/Mach.../Oh-Canada.htm

Another Patrick Lose design for Maple leaves.
    Proud Parent of one Dwight Canada Student, my son graduated this year and is studying History and Philosophy at VIU.

http://dwightcanada.org/

If you find it let me know please. I need it for my son's quilt and since we live in the US chances are slim that I will find it here. I tried eBay a few times but nothing really worth mentioning came up in the search. See, my son is a Canadian who was born in Italy and living in the US. So, I would like to add all three flags to his All About Me quilt. Good luck

Linda,

I have a piece I can give you for your I spy quilt. It is a Canadian flag on a pole with a navy background with gold stars.

If you PM me your address, I will send it to you tomorrow. No mail today,,, it's Thanksgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by Tashana View Post
    If you find it let me know please. I need it for my son's quilt and since we live in the US chances are slim that I will find it here. I tried eBay a few times but nothing really worth mentioning came up in the search. See, my son is a Canadian who was born in Italy and living in the US. So, I would like to add all three flags to his All About Me quilt. Good luck
    How big of a piece do you need?

Northcott has a Stonehenge line called Oh Canada, but it's only sold in Canada.
    http://www.northcott.net/?sid=2&layo...=1&colorid=864
    The Earth without art is just "Eh".

Quote Originally Posted by JanieW View Post
    How big of a piece do you need?
    I would be happy with a scrap. It is a quilt about my son so all the blocks are different size. Really, don't worry about it. I will check out the links that people suggested, and if i find it i will order it and have it sent to to my MIL and she can send it to me. She looked where she lives but in her small town in northern BC variety is just a word in a dictionary. When she comes for a visit here on Long Island she stocks up on hard to find items. She does not believe in on-line shopping. I swear by it. Thank you for asking. I appreciate it. Happy Thanksgiving!