Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking for Dog Bed Pattern >

Looking for Dog Bed Pattern

Looking for Dog Bed Pattern

Old 11-03-2013, 03:32 PM

Default Looking for Dog Bed Pattern

Just wondering if anyone might have this pattern. I found it on Pinterest and apparently it was a free pattern from the Joann's website, but the link no longer works......would love to make this from my scraps!!

Thanks to anyone who can help.
Attached Thumbnails dog-bed-pattern.jpg  
Old 11-03-2013, 03:51 PM

is this it? I found it by googling the image.
http://www.joann.com/on/demandware.s...df/P098413.pdf

Last edited by DebraK; 11-03-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:54 PM

DebraK you're the greatest. I'd love to make this also, for my neighbors' dog. They do so much for us and I dog sit for them alot.
Old 11-03-2013, 05:01 PM
Power Poster

Certainly not a difficult pattern to adjust for the size of the dog. Just a lot of stuffing !! My Westie Mac always found the softest place to lay down!! My pillow seem to be his favorite parking place. He never understand why he had to move when I finally came to bed. Miss him dearly !!
Old 11-04-2013, 02:44 PM

I use bed pillows for dog beds.. of course covered in corduroy because I swear my dog loves the feel of corduroy. It's also cheaper than buying a box of fluff. I know a bed pillow would not fit inside that pattern but you could measure the pillow and figure out the square size to cover the pillow just like in the picture. It's just a simple square. The only difference is that the pillow would probably hold up better in the wash than just fluff. It's the cost of the fluff that would cost a lot. This pattern calls for 6-8 16 oz bags of fluff. I know a 5 lb box of fluff costs about $40 without a coupon. I go through a lot of fluff in my job (crochet doll designer)

Just something to think about You could also do it so that the bottom of the pet bed is zippered so you could get the pillow out for more frequent laundering
Old 11-04-2013, 02:50 PM

It looks like it would be easy to substitute foam--a big rectangular piece of it--instead of stuffing.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:52 PM

Nice pattern. YOu might check thrift shops for bed pillows. Around here they give them away if they are stained.
Another "interesting" pattern for a small pet is to use a man's sweater. I pick up XL ones for less than $1.00 and use my fabric scraps as filler on the sides so they hold their shape. http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Cat-Be...an-Old-Sweater
I also pad the center with left over batting scraps or a bed pillow I unfold the filler from.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:16 PM

personally, I would like one that had a washable outside cover to it, but that is a very cute pattern. You could put all your scrap batting and pieces of fabric you've trimmed off into the center of a larger batting and roll it, but for a large dog probably the thick foam wrapped with batting would be the best.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:57 AM

Very cute pattern. I've also seen where people have used bed pillows for stuffing as it is less expensive in the long run. My dog needs a new bed. I'll have to give this a try.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:02 AM

A folded comforter would probably work as filler too.

I only thought of that because my mini dachshund uses a king sized comforter folded in a wooden tranny case I made into a bed for him. He has three wubbies then to sleep under to make his little nest. He's a weird little dog but I love him stinky breath and all. I am going to have to bookmark that pattern. He might be getting a new bed cover for Christmas.