Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Fabric

Smile Looking for Fabric

My sister is looking for some fabric, and I told her I would search the friendliest, most helpful people on earth. That would be you. What she needs is something called "The State Flowers" Bluebonnet by Susan Ellis for Northcott. It is kind of a blue/green fabric that reminds me of a Monet painting. Do any of you know where I could locate this for her? Thanks so much for your help!

Blog Entries
    i did a search and there are lots of Ebay ones. I still have a whole set of fat qtrs, i even tried to sell them here once.

How many fat quarters do you have available, and how much are you selling them for? I will attach a picture so you can make sure it is the right bluebonnet fabric. Thanks so much for your help!! Name:  The State Flower Bluebonnet Fabric.jpg
Views: 683
Size:  7.7 KB

Blog Entries
    I just have one of the Texas blue bonnets. I made several quilts with these. I was in different swaps. can you use only one? I would trade a fat qtr for some other one.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Nice quilts with these prints....I never could figure out how to use them effectively, so didn't buy them. I'm think there surely must be many shops in TX that bought a ton of this line. Spring photos in the blue bonnets are de riguer for Texas families! And many TX quilters make blue bonnet quilts.

Google "quilt shops in Texas".

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

Blog Entries
    Sew Pretty!!
    You know if your a quilter when you cleanup your sewing room and your family thinks your moving out!! Author U/K Sue

Lovely Quilt!!! What a neat idea to do with the State Flowers!!

I grew up in TX and I love, love, love the fabrics with bluebonnets and TX wildflowers. I have been on the www.fabshophop.com and many of the shops in TX have those types of fabrics. Maybe you can google "TX quilt shops" or some variation of that. If you have the name of the fabric, google that. You are sure to find it unless it came out too long ago.

Have you tried looking online thru a fabric search engine like quiltshops.com On these sites you can enter in a description of the fabric you want or the info on the selvage. Then you get to look at images of fabrics and quilt shops where you can buy the fabric online. google fabric search engines

Blog Entries
    I used Carol Doaks book 50 State Stars to make blocks. Still working on them - for about 10 years now! Thanks for the reminder to get them going agsin.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast