Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking for this fabric >

Looking for this fabric

Looking for this fabric

Old 03-02-2010, 09:38 PM

I'm making a quilt for my uncle who builds all these old cars & a lot of other things & I am making him a quilt with pictures of all his creations. I had found this fabric on line at one time but didn't order it because I didn't know much I would need for the backing but now they don't have it anymore. I originally got it at Walmart a while ago & I was wondering if anyone has seen it anywhere. It's perfect for the quilt I'm making. Can anyone help?

I don't have the name of the manufacturer either
[ATTACH=CONFIG]27729[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-27729.jpe   attachment-27730.jpe  
Old 03-03-2010, 07:37 AM

I don't know if they have what you are looking for but this site is the best for novelty fabric. This link is for the car section http://www.bearpawquilting.com/cgi-b...&keywords=cars
Old 03-03-2010, 08:30 AM

I'm heading to Walmart and can take a look for you. Walmart often has VIP brand fabric. Seems to be their most common.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by bizybess
I don't know if they have what you are looking for but this site is the best for novelty fabric. This link is for the car section http://www.bearpawquilting.com/cgi-b...&keywords=cars
Thanks for the link in fact that is where I had originally found it so I e-mailed them with a picture to see if maybe they still have some.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by MNQuilter
I'm heading to Walmart and can take a look for you. Walmart often has VIP brand fabric. Seems to be their most common.
Thanks for checking for me. Will wait to hear from you.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:08 AM

Hi! I don't know how big of pieces you need, like a whole big piece or if you're just going to do small squares out of the vehicles, but I have a small scrap of old car material that has 3 complete cars on it. There are also some cars that if appliqued, are complete. You are welcome to it if you want it. PM me and let me know if you want it.
I'll need your address.

It's folded in half so here's 1/2 of it
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28425[/ATTACH]

Here's the other half
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28426[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-28425.jpe   attachment-28426.jpe  
Old 03-04-2010, 02:49 AM

There are a lot of cars on www.equilter.com. I just put in cars in the search and several pages came up.

http://www.equilter.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_search.html

There might be something there you can use. There is also www.quiltshops.com using the search feature.

Mary
Old 03-04-2010, 12:46 PM

It's an older one, I had a FQ of it. I will check to see if I still have it. Also I will go to town tomorrow to see if I can find some. How much are you looking for?
Old 03-04-2010, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by danmar
Hi! I don't know how big of pieces you need, like a whole big piece or if you're just going to do small squares out of the vehicles, but I have a small scrap of old car material that has 3 complete cars on it. There are also some cars that if appliqued, are complete. You are welcome to it if you want it. PM me and let me know if you want it.
I'll need your address.
Thanks danmar but it isn't quite what I am looking for. He builds more of the old cars like Henry Ford's so I need something more in that era. Those cars are cool though.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Oklahoma Suzie
It's an older one, I had a FQ of it. I will check to see if I still have it. Also I will go to town tomorrow to see if I can find some. How much are you looking for?
I'm going to be using it for the backing if I can find enough of it. I haven't figured out the size of quilt for sure but I'm thinking maybe a lap size. I looked at one of the charts & it could be about 4 - 5 yards but I could probably come up with someway to make it work if I can't find that much.