Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for flannel and cotton fabric for rag quilts

Question Looking for flannel and cotton fabric for rag quilts

Not finding a good selection for fleece, flannel and cotton fabric in local chain stores. Especially looking for flannel and cotton rose fabric, doggie and cat prints and NFL sports fabric for making rag quilts and fleece blankets. I see so many rag quilts posted online made with a variety of beautiful flannel and cotton prints. Would so appreciate any ideas you have for shopping in box stores and buying online for better selection and good prices. Thanks, Linda

Me too. You also might do an Internet search for Laurel Burch flannel. The colors are wonderful. It is hard to find flannels in nice rich dark colors.
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    The last time I looked at Fabric Depot's website, they had a line of shabby chic fabrics with roses. I've ordered from them and been very happy with the results. Best of luck in your search.
    Jill

I like fabric.com. They have a good selection, good prices, and good customer service.
    Shirley in Arizona

Over the Rainbow has a bunch of fabric -- some Laurel Burch (she even has $5.99 Laurel Burch flannels).

http://overrainbow.com/cgi-bin/Store/store.cgi
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

I love Fabric.com too! How big of pieces do you need for a rag quilt?
    Train, don't complain.
    People in WA don't tan-they rust.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Crichtons-Critters/143010779079296

If I knew you lived in my area I could tell you where to go and how to get discount coupons for some LQS's.

ali
    Have fun quilting! If it isn't fun, you will miss a lot.
    ali

Blog Entries
    I have inherited alot of Redskins fabric, wanted to put it in the yard sale section, but I am only a Junior member, and cannot post for sale. Don't know how many posts you need to go up a notch, so I am trying to be more "vocal" on the posts. It is taking time from my sewing, but it feels good to chat like this. Send me a PM if you want pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by losborne48@hotmail.com View Post
    Not finding a good selection for fleece, flannel and cotton fabric in local chain stores. Especially looking for flannel and cotton rose fabric, doggie and cat prints and NFL sports fabric for making rag quilts and fleece blankets. I see so many rag quilts posted online made with a variety of beautiful flannel and cotton prints. Would so appreciate any ideas you have for shopping in box stores and buying online for better selection and good prices. Thanks, Linda
    If life gives you lemons, make a margarita.

Blog Entries
    I just bought 17 different homespun fabrics for a rag quilt for my daughter for Christmas. I have never made one, but have read many tutorials and feel that it will not be a problem. So far I have cut out 96 9" squares and 48 8" squares of flannel (that is what I am using for the batting). They are all put together, waiting for me to sew the X's for each square. It has been fun so far! I also have flannel to make a rag quilt for my little (preemie) GS. He is doing well and is now 11 weeks old.

Blog Entries
    OH, forgot to say that I purchased all 17 fabrics from Fabric.com. There were 3 fabrics that had a flaw in the middle of the fabric. I called them and they immediately replaced them and told me that since the defective fabric was less than 2 yards, I did not have to return it. I can't say enough about the wonderful experience I had with Fabric.com and would refer anyone to their site without hesitation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast