Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Looking for a flying geese tutorial

Looking for a flying geese tutorial

I once saw a tutorial for making flying geese that was real simple and thought I had bookmarked it....evidently not. I have no idea who did the tutorial, but remember that it was similar to making a 10 minute block. I have tried to figure it out on my own, but no luck. Does anyone remember that tutorial? Unfortunately I have to be very particular here and need that specific one as I am making a hybrid 10 minute block quilt. TIA, Buckeye Rose

Blog Entries
    If you're looking for what is often called Ricky Tims one seam flying geese, here's the link

One Seam Flying Geese Tutorial

Hope it helps.
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.

Oh, thank you so much! That is exactly the one I need! I knew it was something easy to do but just couldn't remember how to do it. I am making a quilt with a center panel and 10 minute blocks around the outside. I want to add the "flying geese" to the outside edges, between the blocks....kind of a crazy border....LOL.

Blog Entries
    So maybe you can tell me why I am currently making a total of 144 flying geese for my blocks and another 144 for the border?nwell, actually I'm PP them, because my flying geese are always wonky.
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.

Here's one that's gives you a couple options.

www.quilterscache.com

Suggestion: Dont just bookmark tutorials, save them in a folder in your documents, pdf. files save very easily, otherwise cut and paste them and save them in the same folder.