Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Looking for folded potholder pattern

Looking for folded potholder pattern

I received a lovely potholder last fall that is folded, then an X is sewn in the center to hold it all together. Before I dis-assemble it to figure out how it was made (want to do some Christmas ones), I thought I'd ask here first. I don't know if these pictures will do it justice, but there are four sections, each folded, then held together just in the center. Help?

Name:  folded potholder.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  203.6 KB
    Name:  folded potholder2.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  211.2 KB

Blog Entries
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Power Poster
    I believe I have seen that technique in a coaster? There is tutorial someplace on the net. Basically the top woven part is actually 4 rectangles of fabric (made by folding fabric squares in half) and then layered like you would a cardboard box top. That is sewn onto the right side of the backing with the batting on the bottom and the whole thing is them turned right side out through the folded top. Maybe one one else can remember where the tutorial was? Well.......while I was typing this Auntpiggylpn found it, Yeah!
    Last edited by Tartan; 08-19-2013 at 06:14 PM.

Thank you! I did a Google search and came up with just about everything but this. Easy Christmas gifts here I come!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
    Thank you! I did a Google search and came up with just about everything but this. Easy Christmas gifts here I come!
    i did a google search "easy folded potholder" and it was the first link! Makes me want to make some also!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

I've made those. They really are easy, and since there are so many layers of fabric they are very thick.

Quote Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
    I received a lovely potholder last fall that is folded, then an X is sewn in the center to hold it all together. Before I dis-assemble it to figure out how it was made (want to do some Christmas ones), I thought I'd ask here first. I don't know if these pictures will do it justice, but there are four sections, each folded, then held together just in the center. Help?

Name:  folded potholder.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  203.6 KB
    Name:  folded potholder2.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  211.2 KB
    The video I saw sure makes it easy. Will do a few of those for a couple church craft sales I need to donate to. Actually, pretty much the same as the "5 piece tissue holder", just not a many layers and different proportions. Don't see why it couldn't be a mug rug, either.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Blog Entries
    I made a bunch of these last year for Christmas gifts. Quick and easy