Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a free website for alphabet appliques

Looking for a free website for alphabet appliques

I need letters about 2.5 inches for my quilt. Anyone know of a good Free site for letters? Thanks for your help, Michele

Power Poster
    When I need nice applique letters, I print out a nice font size for block letters on my computer. I reverse and trace them on wonderunder, iron them on and applique them in place. You can also use your Frixion pen to write your letters on a quilt and embroider over the lines.

I always use google images for all of my appliqués. Go to www.google.com/images and do a search for whatever you need and add the phrase "coloring pages" .... Works great!
    ~Laura

Wise words from my 7 year old niece: "Aunt Laura, you must think you can't have too much fabric like a pizza can't have too much cheese." Well said, Gracie!

Blog Entries
    Try PlanetApplique.com Not sure if they have exactly what you want free, but they do have freebies!

Blog Entries
    If you have one or know of anyone with a Cricut cutting machine, ask if they have the dies for lettering and sizing them. Fabric can be cut on the Cricuts. It is fast, and less work. I do it all the time for appliqueing.

Any art store would have these. Some are stencils and some are illustration booklets. Hope this helps you.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

If you use your computer to use them - which works great for the few letters I use - remember to either trace them from the back side, or to reverse print if you have that capability.

Thanks, everyone for your suggestions. You have been really helpful..........Michele

Super Member HummerGardenCrafts's Avatar
    I got some great ideas from everyone also!
    Betty-WV

I had this bookmarked. Hope it helps. http://www.mccallsquilting.com/conte..._Templates.pdf

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast