Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for ideas to get a lot of fabric sold for MIL in financial trouble.

Blog Entries
    My MIL is filing for bankruptcy, her brother and his wife live in the same town and are doing what they can. She is a bit of a hoarder and has tons of fabric. They have 700 yards so far and more to go. From what I understand, they posted an ad on Craigslist selling it by the tote (about 100yds/tote). I saw an ad locally (for me) with an arts & crafts fair where you can rent a table and sell your own stuff- I thought we could help them by doing this- Does anyone have any great ideas? Thank you in advance.

Blog Entries
    Sorry, I don't know.

Blog Entries
    contact local quilt guilds and tell them you are having a big big sale, you also might try to sell on ebay

Have a fabric yard sale....I'm sure they will come by car loads....Really sorry about your MIL...Hope she can recover and find her way again....Good Luck...

San
    FL

sell here!... sales seem to do really well.

Yard sale as above. Post signs everywhere and in the paper, quilters in big letters. People will arrive!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by luvnquilt
    My MIL is filing for bankruptcy, her brother and his wife live in the same town and are doing what they can. She is a bit of a hoarder and has tons of fabric. They have 700 yards so far and more to go. From what I understand, they posted an ad on Craigslist selling it by the tote (about 100yds/tote). I saw an ad locally (for me) with an arts & crafts fair where you can rent a table and sell your own stuff- I thought we could help them by doing this- Does anyone have any great ideas? Thank you in advance.
    Can you give us the link to craigslist?

What about on here?

Blog Entries
    I think you should sell it here. Most stuff for sale on the board doesn't even last for a day before it's gone.

I agree with the yard sale. Also my quilter guild allows you to bring unwanted quilting/sewing goods in to sell, (rulers, books, fabrics, UFO's) its really fun, we all know the fair value, so their is no haggling, you may get a better price than haggling at a yard sale, this way you could find a new home for other things she has excess of books/rulers etc, no postage problems to deal with. Good luck with it all and all the best to your MIL.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast