Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for Ideas on Paper Piecing paper

Me Too Teresa! I have all my templates printed - 60 pages left give or take, so I think I'm going to keep on with what I have going and use all the techniques for regular copy paper and find the one that works best for this quilt! I would love to do one with vellum but agree... pricey... TY Everyone

I order reams of news print paper that fits right into my HP printer from Dick Blick. dickblick.com 500 sheets per ream for 3.59. I never have any problem with it jamming my printer and is very thin and tears of completely clean. I use it so often that I buy 4 reams at a time. Great Stuff and cheap!

Blog Entries
    I use white or yellow legal paper off the pad.It goes through the computer well. I stick a pin in it to make a hole and tear it off your squares.

Blog Entries
    All good suggestions, really crease the paper when folding it, also next time you go out for chinese food, ask for some chopsticks. I use those and tweezers quite a bit.
    Tulip

"Takeyour needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose byand by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Blog Entries
    I use lightweight translucent vellum. It's the best paper I've used for paper piecing. I looked online and found a paper supplier and ordered a ream of it. It's not the same vellum that I find in the scrapbooking dept.
    Got fabric?

Quote Originally Posted by hooked View Post
    I go to the Dollar General in my area and buy U Create kids Scribble Pads. Thin paper that works wonderful for paper piecing and only costs $2 for 60 sheets. They have to be cut to 8.5 X 11 but work great and cheap.
    I use the same thing as hooked (Carolyn). You can also get the Scribble Pads at Hobby Lobby & can save a little more money if you have their 40% off coupon. It only takes a few minutes to cut the pad down to 8.5 X 11. I have tried other papers, but always come back to this.
    Patricia Faye

I always use freezer paper for templates. I have to attach a sheet of approximately 8 X 11 to copy paper first by hot iron at the bottom (just about 1/4" along the width)and a touch at the upper corners as my printer won't take freezer paper alone;now it will run through the printer. Then I use this method Twiddletails Freezer Paper Foundation Piecing:
    http://www.twiddletails.com/store/in...age=page&id=21
    No tearing away the paper and templates are reusable as long as the wax side sticks.

someone in this group said that it is best to pull apart from side to side (like spreading the paper apart) rather than up (like tearing a page from a book). try it, and see if that works.
    "perfection is the enemy of done."
    "the secret to having it all is knowing you already do."

I use to use copy paper & Carol Doaks paper piecing paper, but since I have discovered Ricky Timm's "Stable Poly Stuff" that is all I use. It doesn't have to be removed, it remains in your quilt and washes up into a very light poly type batting. Also gives those paper piecing blocks more substance. If your looking for inexpensive, it's NOT. 50 sheets about $10. It's great that we all have such different choices.

Blog Entries
    I have never tired this but I will. Good Idea.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast