Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Ideas on Paper Piecing paper

Check out paperless paper piecing. So easy!

Try yellow legal paper.goes through printer easily and is so soft that you don't rip out stitches when you remove it.

For smaller blocks I use phone book paper. Good way to recycle the old ones. I got 8 inch squares from some of them and that paper tears off easily and it's FREE!

Spritz with your spray bottle..you should be able to remove it quite easily. If you can order online in the future I ust love Carol Doaks paper. I use the scraps as leaders and enders....waste note want not : ) Its pricy but lovely to work with.
    http://www.amazon.com/Carol-Doaks-Fo...undation+paper

Yes, there is a better option than copy paper! I use Carol Doak' s paper piecing paper. Is more of the feel of newsprint and a whole lot easier to remove than copy paper. You want something that will tear easily, copy paper is made to hold up, not to tear easily.

What about newsprint, you can go to your local newpaper and buy the end rolls for about a dollar and there's a lot on there. Just cut to size. If it doesn't tear easy, spray with a little water and try again. Plus it's wide enough that you can draw a larger pattern on it if you're doing a special center block.
    Last edited by jeaninmaine; 02-06-2013 at 09:34 AM.

5moose, do you have the url to the actual product you purchase? I went to dickblick but only found tablets and rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by 5moose View Post
    I order reams of news print paper that fits right into my HP printer from Dick Blick. dickblick.com 500 sheets per ream for 3.59. I never have any problem with it jamming my printer and is very thin and tears of completely clean. I use it so often that I buy 4 reams at a time. Great Stuff and cheap!
    :-)
    CAS

I use lightweight sew-in interfacing. Then I don't have any paper to remove
    Lynn

I've stopped using paper - instead I use old thin fabric of some kind - sheet, etc and mark my pattern on that. When I've finished with the block just leave the material on - not only do you NOT have to tear it off, it adds a little thickness to your pieces and you may not have to use very thick batting.

Blog Entries
    I use telephone book paper. Cheap, cheap, cheap. Really works well. Tears off with no trouble. So many phone books go to the land full. Think green.

[QUOTE=WTxRed;5837487]Hi everyone - I am looking for ideas/suggestions please.
    I have started my first paper piecing quilt. I am using regular printer paper which sews up fine. However, when I sew all my pieces together for my block - it's a lot of thicknesses and getting that paper off is a bear.
    I still have about 25 or so big blocks to finish up and am wondering if there's a better option than copy paper. I live in a very rural area so not much in the way of options for shopping (other than online).
    I appreciate your comments and thoughts!
    Last edited by sewellie; 02-07-2013 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Wanted to add more.
    sewellie

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast