Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: looking for info on a ruler with slits cut into the acrylic

i have the one with the 1/2" slots on it. it comes in two sizes. one has like, 12 slots or something, the other has like 6 slots. you get the idea. i got it from joann's. the big one was supposed to cost around $24.oo and the small one around $18.00, but the dumb manager mixed them up even after i said he must be making a mistake. the people behind me said "take it!".so i did. i'm not crazy about it. it slips like mad and even though you're supposed to be able to press down on one end so the slits rest off the end of the fabric and hang up there, i find it doesn't work as well as a good ruler with tacky stuff on the bottom.

my joann's is the fabric store from hell!

I put some little dots that look like sandpaper on mine so it doesn't slip so much.

Oh yes. I just love my June Tailor "Short Cuts." I use it to cut strips and to straighten fabric ends. I wish I had seen the show with the triangles.

i recently added a product called 'invisigrip' and it's much better. but to tell the truth i still like a good ruler. mine has sandpaper snippets (plain old very fine sandpaper and rubber cement from dh shop). make sure the ruler is at least 24" so you can fold your fabric 2X. with a ruler the acrylic is thicker and you can press down harder to keep things in place. the one with slits is too flexible and allows a little shifting even when the ruler is not moving and also some cutting or shaving into the plastic. it works better with thick arylic. at least i think so. that'll be 5 cents please (you can't buy anything for 2 cents any more). does anyone agree?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2