Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking for information on a Marguerite Treadle >

Looking for information on a Marguerite Treadle

Looking for information on a Marguerite Treadle

Old 07-31-2013, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Diamondrose View Post
I am hoping someone might have heard of a Marguerite Treadle and might be able to give me some information on the model (pictures attached) and the company (Household Machine Company) that made them.
Hi Diamondrose,

I just bought a Marguerite at a garage sale for $10...I completely restored it to working condition...I can't find any information on it either....She is a beauty all refinished and repainted....Will go in my wife's sewing room....

[email protected]
Old 10-09-2016, 08:55 AM

Default I have info for you

I am hoping someone might have heard of a Marguerite Treadle and might be able to give me some information on the model (pictures attached) and the company (Household Machine Company) that made them.
hi. I belong to a VSM group and I saw a Marguerite for sale on ebay, so I looked it up and saw this site and your post on yahoo. I asked the group about it and they said the Marguerite was a short lived badge name by Household. yours is in much better shape than the one I saw on ebay. here is some history about Household. http://ismacs.net/household/home.html a few of the major brands back then made models with other names. they also said to get Household needles for it. Household was in operation from 1873 to 1884. I hope that helps.
Old 10-09-2016, 05:30 PM

You might try over at the Vintage Sweatshop Forum - lots of very knowledgeable people there! It's older than any I have, so I can't help you myself. I'd like to have one, though, being that my name is Margaret!
Old 03-12-2018, 04:01 PM

they were made by Household. great machines.