Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
looking for jelly roll and layer cake of wildlife/forest/moose! >

looking for jelly roll and layer cake of wildlife/forest/moose!

looking for jelly roll and layer cake of wildlife/forest/moose!

Old 06-18-2012, 03:55 AM

Default looking for jelly roll and layer cake of wildlife/forest/moose!

for a friend whose family is crazy about the woodlands and MOOSE <g>...i'd love to make one of jenny doan's layer cake/jelly roll quilts. i'm not having any luck finding any collections that are "themed" this way....would anyone know of any? i would so appreciate it!

the backstory--they are all nature enthusiasts. Art loves MOOSE <g>....and the entire family are EMT's in the next town over from my parents. My parents are at a point where having people such as this close by is a good thing. (i live two hours away). They have all made it a point of stopping over (Gina, her hubby and her three grown kids) to say hello to my parents--so mom and dad are comfortable with them. I'd really like to make them a quilt for christmas this year.

Any help would be so appreciated!

Betsey
Old 06-18-2012, 09:36 AM

I just saw a wildlife section at stitch-n-frame.com This seems to be a terrific vendor. They sell all fabrics at rather low prices and they only charge what it actually costs to ship. They are fast and I have been super impressed with their fabric. They have all designers. Good luck.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:53 AM

You could always buy the yardage and cut your own strips. It's pretty easy if you use the June Taylor shape cut. MUCH less expensive than buying pre-cuts and you get to choose the exact fabrics you want. Just my opinion, of course.