Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: looking for jelly roll and layer cake of wildlife/forest/moose!

Blog Entries

looking for jelly roll and layer cake of wildlife/forest/moose!

for a friend whose family is crazy about the woodlands and MOOSE ...i'd love to make one of jenny doan's layer cake/jelly roll quilts. i'm not having any luck finding any collections that are "themed" this way....would anyone know of any? i would so appreciate it!

the backstory--they are all nature enthusiasts. Art loves MOOSE ....and the entire family are EMT's in the next town over from my parents. My parents are at a point where having people such as this close by is a good thing. (i live two hours away). They have all made it a point of stopping over (Gina, her hubby and her three grown kids) to say hello to my parents--so mom and dad are comfortable with them. I'd really like to make them a quilt for christmas this year.

Any help would be so appreciated!

Betsey

I just saw a wildlife section at stitch-n-frame.com This seems to be a terrific vendor. They sell all fabrics at rather low prices and they only charge what it actually costs to ship. They are fast and I have been super impressed with their fabric. They have all designers. Good luck.

Blog Entries
    You could always buy the yardage and cut your own strips. It's pretty easy if you use the June Taylor shape cut. MUCH less expensive than buying pre-cuts and you get to choose the exact fabrics you want. Just my opinion, of course.
    "I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane!"
    Valarie