Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking for pattern only >

Looking for pattern only

Looking for pattern only

Old 12-14-2012, 06:18 AM

[h=3]Stars
Around The Garden - PATTERN ONLY -<wbr> Cheryl's Quilt ...
[/h]

This is for the complete PATTERN ONLY! No fabrics will
be included. Email Me
webstore.quiltropolis.net/stores_app/<wbr>Browse_Item_Details...
- Cached

there you go
Old 12-14-2012, 07:21 AM

I have to comment on designing your own quilt from this pattern. If you enter the quilt in a show local or big, you should give credit to the original designer. Saying this quilt is based on Stars around the garden by so and so. I love to morph quilts that I see. That being said I also design my own quilts for both personal and professional use. I would love to see my work morphed as that shows creativity. But I also know many will not give me credit. Common Domain blocks are easy to find and draw. The copyright is accomplished with my written directions. The inspiration for the quilt is mine. That may inspire you to make it and change it for yourself. Have fun and please remember the designer who inspired you! Luann in CT
Old 12-14-2012, 07:59 AM

This is just an idea, I have the book "Pioneer Sampler" Quilt in a day by Eleanor Burns. It has 12 patterns in the book.
Looks alot like the Stars around the Garden???
Old 12-14-2012, 09:00 AM

i bought Jenny Beyers' , " The Quilter's Album of Patchwork Patterns" recently for this very reason. the education i have gotten on grids and figuring out how to draft patterns using graph paper has been invaluable. I have always been pretty good at seeing the underlying geometry of patchworks but wasn't sure how to recreate them so that they were easy to cut with a rotary cutter, now i can.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
To me this is exactly why everyone needs to be able to draw out their own patterns on graph paper (as not all of us can afford to buy or to learn EQ)!! Everyone of these blocks is easily drawn with a pencil and a 6" ruler. I personally would have it done in one long evening while watching TV if it were a pattern I wanted to try. And, along the way, i'd probably change up a few of the blocks to ones I liked better.

Yeah, I'm the "soap-box-for-graph-paper" apostle, LOL!

Jan in VA
I generally agree with you. But once in a while I want to be lazy and have somebody else figure out how much fabric it takes and cut it and mail it to me.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
To me this is exactly why everyone needs to be able to draw out their own patterns on graph paper (as not all of us can afford to buy or to learn EQ)!! Everyone of these blocks is easily drawn with a pencil and a 6" ruler. I personally would have it done in one long evening while watching TV if it were a pattern I wanted to try. And, along the way, i'd probably change up a few of the blocks to ones I liked better.

Yeah, I'm the "soap-box-for-graph-paper" apostle, LOL!

Jan in VA
then, that makes me a follower! i, too, design my more complicated quilt ideas on graph paper. it is the cheapest way to go!
Old 12-16-2012, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by crafterrn1 View Post
I have to comment on designing your own quilt from this pattern. If you enter the quilt in a show local or big, you should give credit to the original designer. Saying this quilt is based on Stars around the garden by so and so. I love to morph quilts that I see. That being said I also design my own quilts for both personal and professional use. I would love to see my work morphed as that shows creativity. But I also know many will not give me credit. Common Domain blocks are easy to find and draw. The copyright is accomplished with my written directions. The inspiration for the quilt is mine. That may inspire you to make it and change it for yourself. Have fun and please remember the designer who inspired you! Luann in CT
copyright only says that you can't copy the pattern and sell it, but, i don't think that documentation is required for inspiration. that is why we BUY the rights to reproduce the quilt. if i had to document every time i got inspiration, there would always be an extra line on my label. again, copyright comes up. are there any copyright law attorneys on the board?

Last edited by rush88888; 12-16-2012 at 10:31 AM.