Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a pattern

Looking for a pattern

Just got the news that we will be welcoming a new great-grandson in January. The soon-to-be Mommy says she likes aqua and brown and likes teddy bears and stars. I saw a dimensional teddy bear pattern several years ago and don't remember if it was an original (not in print) pattern or a purchased pattern. I'd sure like to find it or another that fits with the Mommy's preferences. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Thanks so much!

By "dimensional" pattern, I'm not sure if you are meaning a traditional teddy bear? or a quilt where the bear has some 3-D embellishments?

This is one that I have made and want to remake with 3-D effects.
    I can think of lots of possibilities .... bow around the neck or a neck tie; buttons; extra batting for head, tummy, feet, etc. to have them puff up more than the flatness of the rest of the quilt; different fabrics for textures, etc.

Please Meet ........ Mr. Ted E. Bear!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    By "dimensional" pattern, I'm not sure if you are meaning a traditional teddy bear? or a quilt where the bear has some 3-D embellishments?

This is one that I have made and want to remake with 3-D effects.
    I can think of lots of possibilities .... bow around the neck or a neck tie; buttons; extra batting for head, tummy, feet, etc. to have them puff up more than the flatness of the rest of the quilt; different fabrics for textures, etc.

Please Meet ........ Mr. Ted E. Bear!!!!!
    thanks for posting the link. your bear is adorable and the ideas to enhance him are great. [i think i missed him the first time around]
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    thanks for posting the link. your bear is adorable and the ideas to enhance him are great. [i think i missed him the first time around]
    Thanks QuiltNNan .. I'm never sure about the 3-D and embellishments for a quilt I WANT to be used! I'm thinking of it becoming more of an activity quilt. Eg. how to tie a bow, Then I know that some consider that the loose fabric for a bow, would be a safety issue for a child, and a total no-no ... for fear the child would hang themselves.

More possibilities ... zippers, buttons, velcro that open into mystery pockets, that could have something hidden inside. Perhaps a small bear that would come out on a string to play with.

And a pocket to hold a bear story book.

etc.

Oooooh I am never ending with ideas ... it's the time that's lacking!
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

First of all, great news!!! Try doing a google search for images of teddy bear quilts. The one pictured in this link came to mind right away. One of the quilting magazines, I'm pretty sure it's "QuickQuilts" has been running a series of baby quilts made this way:
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/10802444...ref=v1_other_2

Blog Entries
    It's not a pattern, but if you scroll down on this website you can find a really cute teddy bear quilt:
    http://www.crazydoglady.com/traditional.htm

The ears are 3-dimensional.

Here are some other patterns as I find them:
    http://www.quilterswarehouse.com/p-3...n-trellis.aspx
    http://www.quilterswarehouse.com/p-3...n-trellis.aspx
    http://www.quilterswarehouse.com/p-6...reenfield.aspx
    Last edited by Prism99; 10-02-2012 at 10:36 AM.

He is very cute, I remembered the name.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Thanks so much for all the great suggestions. Now to decide.

This is driving me nuts! I was at the Birmingham Quilt and Sewing Expo and they had the most adorable teddy bear quilt. I didn't take a picture of it (pictures were forbidden) and didn't write down the info on it. I will try and find a pattern for it. I don't normally go for cute things but this was cuteness overload! I'll see what I can do. I want to say that there was some 3 dimensional aspects to it but don't fully remember.... I'll see if I can find it...

QM
    Not particularly 3D, but Ihave made quilts with fleece bears machine appliqued, with floppy ears. Used a scroll saw bear pattern, but I am sure they exist as coloring pages on the web and can be enlarged.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast