Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Looking for Pattern

Looking for Pattern

I saw a quilt in our local quilt store yesterday, googled for a picture and the picture led me to this board. It is a reversible, quilt as you go, and looks like four squares sewn together, batting placed in the center, then each corner of the block is brought to the center to give a half-square triangle effect. There are 4 triangles and the overall quilt has no binding due to the folding of the fabric. Can someone help me with this? I have searched with no luck. Thanks in advance!

Something like this maybe?
    Reversible Quilt As You Go

Welcome to the Quilting Board!
    A picture is worth a 1000 words ... the best thing would be to give the link to the photo of the quilt you are asking about. Once it is "seen", perhaps someone will remember it better than just reading your description.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It sounds almost like you are describing Cathedral windows. We had a member do an excellent tutorial on it once. Here:

Machine Stitched Cathedral Window Tutorial

Is this what you are looking for?

Thank you so much for sending me the information and tutorial on the quilt mentioned above. Can't wait to get started. I have to admit I only had the first few steps "right" in my mind. Would never figured out that you sew it, turn it right side out and then stuff in the batting.