Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking for a pattern >

Looking for a pattern

Looking for a pattern

Old 12-13-2013, 06:33 AM

Default Looking for a pattern

A while back there was a beautiful quilt I wanted to make posted here. I printed out a picture but now can't seem to figure out exactly how it was done. I especially loved the colors. How silly not to write in the name of the artist who created it. I will try to describe what I see.

It starts with a center purchased panel that I think looks like an owl, next is a white border and then two beautiful ice blues surrounding that. Next she goes into beige and white plain borders. The next border is two different browns on point followed by another 2 rounds of beige and brown. Finally the part that hangs off the bed once again is on point with blue, white, dark brown, ice blue. It is a king size quilt.

Talk about a mystery quilt, lets see who can find it. I especially would like to have the pattern to create a similar one. I think instead of the center panel I might make a medallion of some sort.

I know this might be hard to picture but I think the magic clue might be the center owl panel. Looks like he's hovering in the sky.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:08 AM

Can't you scan the picture or take a picture from it? Would make it a lot easier, I think.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:01 PM

OMG I just noticed your avatar. That one cat looks like a raccoon, he or she is Beautiful!!
Old 12-15-2013, 07:10 AM

Default Here is the picture

Originally Posted by fabric lover View Post
Can't you scan the picture or take a picture from it? Would make it a lot easier, I think.
Of course a picture is worth a thousand words. The original picture wasn't very brilliant so the scan is even less so but I think it does get the point across.

I just can't figure out how the points are cut and sewn. Hopefully the creator will now recognize the quilt.

P.S. The cat in my avatar on the right is called a ragdoll. I have two of them and the tuxedo cat too. They just love when I sew to sit next to me and purr. Sometimes I have to move their paws away so I don't sew them into my quilt.
Attached Thumbnails qb-001.jpg