Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Looking for a pattern

Has anyone seen or made a pattern that has a little girl's head with braids that you can clip your barretts to? One of the girl's I work with had bought this at a craft show when her daughter was young & she said it was the cutest thing. Her daughter would like her to try & make one for her little girl. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I told her I would ask all my quilting buddies & that they may just know what I'm talking about.

Blog Entries
    I've made them, but it was years ago...I found this much for you tho... :) HTH

http://www.allfreecrafts.com/sewing/...-pattern.shtml

The one I made had a plastic doll face that I used a hole punch to make holes all around it...crocheted a bonnet and attached yarn braids for her "hair"...

I saw one years ago, but don't have the pattern.

We bought one ata a sale years ago - used it for a long time with my girls. Sorry, I don't have a pattern. :-(

I don't recall seeing one with a head (although it does sound familiar) but do recall seeing one made from a small straw hat with braids attached underneath and the barrettes were attached to the blaid. The had was adorned with ribbon around the brim and had artificial flowers on it. Very simple project.

Charlie, thanks for the link for the barrette pattern. I printed the pic off & she said that was almost like it except for the hat. I'm going to bring the pattern to her on Tuesday. I told her you gals would come through!!!!

Blog Entries
    I hadn't thought about those in YEARS!!!! I will have to make some for my DGD's :D:D:D