Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Looking for Pattern

Saw E Burns making this in tutorial and can't find it again after 3 searching sessions.
    One block was on point with 1.50 border around. She was throwing strips over her shoulder.
    The other block contained 5" squares I think. Sound familar to anyone?
    Illsa

El always throw strips over her shoulder...... It's her trademark. Would need a little more information to help with a pattern, but here is her 'theater' where she has her shows for us to watch...

http://quiltinaday.com/theater/library.html

I found it Thanks so much.
    It is called Charm Quilt. Is there a pattern someplace? Or in one of her books?
    I took notes but sometimes when I take notes off a video the notes don't quite do it when I begin to cut.

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteQuilts
    El always throw strips over her shoulder...... It's her trademark. Would need a little more information to help with a pattern, but here is her 'theater' where she has her shows for us to watch...

http://quiltinaday.com/theater/library.html
    I was just about to leave my computer and go sew, and decided to read one more post. Now I don't think I'll get there for hours. I've just started watching El's tv programs on saturday mornings, and a couple I missed...but I just found them. So I'm not sure weather to thank you or not. But yes this is wonderful. Thanks CoyoteQuilts!!!

Sorry to interupt your creating but she is funny fascinating and knowledgeable. I think I can see her on Wed afternoons at 1:30PM but I have not seen her yet on TV. I'll try for recording a VCR tape.

I learn something each time I watch her. Today it was about binding. I've been quilting for 30 years, both hand and machine, and I never did my binding the way she showed on her Quilt Almanac. So ofcourse, next finished quilt gets that binding.

I know what you mean and she makes it easy to learn. LOL Got to go work on my present project. UGGGGGGGH It is a rescue from a friends D I L I tried a finished edge I thought would be fast easy and trouble free. WRONG WRONG WRONG So now I unsew and resew.

Elinore Burns is a wonderful person. Have you read her biography?

No I haven't. What's it called? I'll check our library.