Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking for a pattern >

Looking for a pattern

Looking for a pattern

Old 11-27-2010, 06:02 PM

Yesterday my family & I went to our local Christmas Festival and I saw the most precious quilted Angel doll. I can kick myself for not buying it . . . she was adorable. She had a stuffed head, grape vine for her halo and wings and her body (dress) was done like a 9 patch doll quilt. I am trying to find the pattern but having trouble as I'm not sure what her pattern name would fall under. I did an extensive search for Angel dolls and came up with every kind but the one I saw at the show. Has anyone seen one of these Angel dolls and if so do you know what the pattern name would be and where I can find it?

Laurin
Old 11-27-2010, 06:06 PM

Sorry I can't help you but she sounds like she would be adorable and so cute to make. Maybe you can just improvise and make one like it, if you can remember what she looked like.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by tazama
Yesterday my family & I went to our local Christmas Festival and I saw the most precious quilted Angel doll. I can kick myself for not buying it . . . she was adorable. She had a stuffed head, grape vine for her halo and wings and her body (dress) was done like a 9 patch doll quilt. I am trying to find the pattern but having trouble as I'm not sure what her pattern name would fall under. I did an extensive search for Angel dolls and came up with every kind but the one I saw at the show. Has anyone seen one of these Angel dolls and if so do you know what the pattern name would be and where I can find it?

Laurin
I have one that sounds very similar to what you are describing. I think it was called a Kitchen Angel. Her arms are sewn together and are above her head so you can hang her in your kitched, from a door knob or cabinet ar wherever.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:32 PM

I can't remember if her arms were sewn together or not. She was absolutely adorable and so my style for my home. I am kicking myself for not getting her! Does the pattern you have call for grape vine for her halo and wings? That along with the quilted blanket for a dress made her really stand out to me.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:47 PM

If you know who the vendor was, contact whoever put on the show and see if you can get their information so you can see if they still have it and maybe buy it. I did that--I saw something in the Craftsman Fair in Gatlinburg in July and didn't get it. I managed to find out who the vendor was and contacted them directly and was able to order what I wanted. Sometimes you can luck out!

Good luck!
Old 11-27-2010, 06:51 PM

That sounds like a good idea. I actually think I kept the layout for where all the vendors were on the fair grounds. I'll have to see if that will help me.