Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a pattern

Blog Entries
    Hi everyone. I am looking for a pattern. But I don't know if there is really a pattern for it or not.
    I want to make an oval placemat. Not just an ordinary oval placemat. The one I am looking for has 3 oval placemats sewn together. I believe this is how it is made.
    One piece lays on the table. The second and third ones are full ovals but only half is sewn onto the orginal oval one. With the second halves sewn together. I'm sure that doesnt make any sense at all...But it makes it to where you have 3 days worth of placemats. As you "flip" one half over for each of 3 days.
    Forgive me if you don't understand what I just wrote because, I am not sure I understand what I said. But I know what they look like. :) Thanks for any help.

I think I know what you mean, but I haven't heard of the pattern for it. Good luck! Someone here is very likely to know!

Blog Entries
    Thanks I really don't know if there is a pattern for it or not. And I think Ive got the general concept. :)

I think you are referring to the 4-sided placemat. You might do a google search for instructions.

Blog Entries
    yes, actually I bought the pattern and template at a quilt shop awhile back, will see if I can find it and to let you know the name of it

Craftybear

Quote Originally Posted by Airwick156
    Hi everyone. I am looking for a pattern. But I don't know if there is really a pattern for it or not.
    I want to make an oval placemat. Not just an ordinary oval placemat. The one I am looking for has 3 oval placemats sewn together. I believe this is how it is made.
    One piece lays on the table. The second and third ones are full ovals but only half is sewn onto the orginal oval one. With the second halves sewn together. I'm sure that doesnt make any sense at all...But it makes it to where you have 3 days worth of placemats. As you "flip" one half over for each of 3 days.
    Forgive me if you don't understand what I just wrote because, I am not sure I understand what I said. But I know what they look like. :) Thanks for any help.

Blog Entries
    Check out this blog: http://feeddogsdown.blogspot.com/201...placemats.html

She has directions on how to make them.

how cute

Those are darling! I might have to make some for my DD!!

I think I've seen a similar technique used for a quilt (with a very thin batting).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    yes, actually I bought the pattern and template at a quilt shop awhile back, will see if I can find it and to let you know the name of it

Craftybear

Quote Originally Posted by Airwick156
    Thanks so much CraftyBear. I want to try to make some for Christmas gifts. :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast