Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Looking for Pinwheel Pattern

I'm looking for a Pinwheel Pattern Quilt that I've seen a photo in a magazine or pattern book and now I can't find it. It's only 2 colors, the pinwheels are two colors, and the background of the quilt is the lighter color of the pinwheel. I think there are more than one size pinwheels, but not sure. The Binding is the same color as the darker color of the pinwheels. Can anyone steer me in the right direction? I've been looking on the internet and can't come up with anything.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-96494-1.htm

I think this might be what you are looking for.

Priscilla

There's a video on youtube from Missouri Star Quilt Works- 2 squares right sides together, sew all the way around the edge of the square 1/4 ", cut on the diagonal if I recall correctly. Edges will be bias. Make the squares a bit oversized and trim down after cutting if you want.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oreoflurrie
    It's only 2 colors, the pinwheels are two colors, and the background of the quilt is the lighter color of the pinwheel.
    do you mean that the entire quilt is just 2 colors? wouldn't that make two 'spokes' of the pinwheel disappear?

Blog Entries
    try searching on here; there are also 3D ones that I've made and are quite easy.

Yes, but 4 of them disappear, it looks like there's only 4 spokes to it, not 8.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
    Quote Originally Posted by oreoflurrie
    It's only 2 colors, the pinwheels are two colors, and the background of the quilt is the lighter color of the pinwheel.
    do you mean that the entire quilt is just 2 colors? wouldn't that make two 'spokes' of the pinwheel disappear?