Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Looking for post about this baby quilt . . .Diamond Patch

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Harrisburg, OR
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
    Ummm ... my calculator says 4.5" divided by 3 for a nine patch = 1.5"
    Don't forget the seam allowance... So the squares would be 2" each for an unfinished size of 5", finished at 4.5".

  2. #12
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    31,244
    Blog Entries
    194
    cute quilt
    ♥ Craftybear♥ Google Goddess Surfing Queen of Links ♥
    http://quiltingforbeginners.blogspot.com/
    http://quiltinglibraryworldwide.blogspot.com/

  3. #13
    Super Member auntpiggylpn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Michigan. . .FINALLY!!!!
    Posts
    6,882
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by misskira View Post
    Don't forget the seam allowance... So the squares would be 2" each for an unfinished size of 5", finished at 4.5".
    Thanks misskira! I just couldn't get my brain wrapped around the measurements. I kept thinking that I had to finish at 5" (duh!) and couldn't for the life of me figure it out!!!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    A board member posted this picture of a baby quilt within the last week. I believe it was called "Diamond Patch" I bookmarked the picture but not the posting! I have done a search with no success. The OP also had a link back to someone else's quilt of the same pattern. Anybody remember it?
    I loved it to and ordered via email - Pleasant Valley Creations . I know I could have figured it out but decided it was easier and fairer to order it from designer. Got it right away by downloading. Happy quilting!

  5. #15
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Some where in way out West Texas
    Posts
    2,458
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    A board member posted this picture of a baby quilt within the last week. I believe it was called "Diamond Patch" I bookmarked the picture but not the posting! I have done a search with no success. The OP also had a link back to someone else's quilt of the same pattern. Anybody remember it?
    What are you needing to know about this ? By the way the name of this pattern is "Diamond Patch" I did not make this baby quilt, but did make the larger version of the pattern which said it was a queen size and went by the measurements and directions explicitly, but the quilt turned out to be 97x125, a monster quilt. I love this pattern, but will make my blocks smaller for the next one I make. I purchased this from Clotildy I think. I have misplaced my pattern, but it is really an easy pattern to make, unless you make their "queen size" version, then it becomes difficult, because it is too large to work with very well on a domestic machine.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Spring Lake, Michigan
    Posts
    676
    I made this pattern for our new grandbaby and I would post a picture if I could figure out how.
    Anyway, this was a very easy quilt to do...LOVED making it and it was the first quilt that I actually completed.
    I ordered the pattern and then found a free one online...drat!
    The pattern, Diamond Patch, from Pleasant Valley Creations gives measurements for Crib size (39" x 45"), Twin size (60" x 90"), and Queen size(102" x 128")
    This quilt turned out so colorful that I want to make a queen-sized one for me.

    You cut 5 inch squares and 2 inch squares for the 9 patch blocks.
    The squares finish at 4 1/2" and 1/1/2".
    The pattern was very exact and definitely helped me in the lay out......that helped this visual learner.
    Last edited by sailsablazin; 10-31-2012 at 04:58 PM.

  7. #17
    Super Member auntpiggylpn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Michigan. . .FINALLY!!!!
    Posts
    6,882
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by sailsablazin View Post
    I made this pattern for our new grandbaby and I would post a picture if I could figure out how.
    Anyway, this was a very easy quilt to do...LOVED making it and it was the first quilt that I actually completed.
    I ordered the pattern and then found a free one online...drat!
    The pattern, Diamond Patch, from Pleasant Valley Creations gives measurements for Crib size (39" x 45"), Twin size (60" x 90"), and Queen size(102" x 128")
    This quilt turned out so colorful that I want to make a queen-sized one for me.

    You cut 5 inch squares and 2 inch squares for the 9 patch blocks.
    The squares finish at 4 1/2" and 1/1/2".
    The pattern was very exact and definitely helped me in the lay out......that helped this visual learner.
    Thanks for the information! I spent today making the 9 patches and so far they have turned out.
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

  8. #18
    Junior Member Cottage Dee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bloomfield Township Michigan
    Posts
    153
    I just cut strips out of my stash ... stash that just doesn't get into any other quilt. I want to make this in twin sizes for dgkids. I'm going to a DJ Retreat in Shipshewana IN in a couple of weeks, and hope to get a lot of 9 patches sewn. I went looking online for the pattern, but couldn't find it. Is it known by any other name? TIA!!
    Deanna in SE Michigan

  9. #19
    Junior Member Cottage Dee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bloomfield Township Michigan
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottage Dee View Post
    I just cut strips out of my stash ... stash that just doesn't get into any other quilt. I want to make this in twin sizes for dgkids. I'm going to a DJ Retreat in Shipshewana IN in a couple of weeks, and hope to get a lot of 9 patches sewn. I went looking online for the pattern, but couldn't find it. Is it known by any other name? TIA!!
    I meant the free version......
    Deanna in SE Michigan

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Spring Lake, Michigan
    Posts
    676
    Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    Thanks for the information! I spent today making the 9 patches and so far they have turned out.
    I remember making the squares and then piecing them on the diagonal. I had never done anything like that before and it really helped me to SEE the diagrams of the layout. However, I am not very experienced at quilting. I only put one pink patch since I knew my daughter would have a fit if there was pink in her baby boy's quilt.
    I didn't want all of that work stuck in a drawer because of the pink.
    Again I bought my hard copy from Pleasant Valley Creations and it cost about $8 or so.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.