Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Looking for quilt pattern After the Storm

Looking for quilt pattern After the Storm

I saw this in my fall Connecting Threads catalog. I stalled too long and the kit is sold out. It was on page 12 of the catalog.

I can't find the pattern or the designer of it.

Any ideas where I can get the pattern. It is a very simple design.

Thanks for your help.

Blog Entries
    Hm. I tossed my catalog a while ago, found the catalog online but page 12 has books on it.

Is this the quilt? If so, the pattern is a traditional double Irish chain, which you should be able to find easily.

http://quiltwithus.connectingthreads...torm-a-rainbow

here's a link to a pattern and instructions:
    http://www.quilterscache.com/D/Doubl...hainBlock.html

Blog Entries
    Don't know if it's the right one but I really like the one Peckish found.
    Joyce

http://www.this-n-thatfabrics.com/gallery.html
    Check out the fifth picture down. It is a Storm at Sea with rainbow colors!

Thank you everyone for the links. None of them are what I am looking for. I did find out from a friend that it is the same as Trip around the world. Someone suggested Bostom common but there sure are a lot of variations to this one. A Trip around the world is the same pattern. I think someone at connecting threads must have just given it a different name. Perhaps changed it a tiny bit.

Liz / Calgary

Quote Originally Posted by Loralee View Post
    I saw this in my fall Connecting Threads catalog. I stalled too long and the kit is sold out. It was on page 12 of the catalog.

I can't find the pattern or the designer of it.

Any ideas where I can get the pattern. It is a very simple design.

Thanks for your help.

Did you call Connecting Threads to ask about the pattern. I have their fall catalog - looks like the pattern was part of a kit for the Whirlwind Romance Fabric Collection - They were selling 5 yds of fabric from that collection - with the After The Storm Quilt pattern included free. - They might still have copies of the pattern
    Good luck - looks like a cute pattern

I did call Connecting Threads today they told me it was an in house designer and did not sell the pattern separately. I liked the colors and needed to know how to put it together so that the center of the quilt and in fact so that the whole pattern design would come out looking correct.

I am going to look at the above post for the Trip Around the World. Thanks for your help June.

I thought I had a pattern figured out, all I needed to do was find a pattern called Around the World. Well, I still can not find the pattern like the After the storm pattern. The blocks are cut the same its just how a person lays the strips out in the very center to make the pattern. I have spent many hours looking a various patterns.

Maybe I should decide on a totally different pattern for the granddaughters quilt.