Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for simple no binding mug rug pattern

I have found TONS of simple free mug rug patterns, but I can't find one that I don't need to put a binding on. I want to make a bunch of them for a retreat and don't have a lot of time. Any suggestions?

Why don't you use the quilt turn method, not sure if you can FMQ with this method, might be a tying method, but someone here should be able to tell you

I would do as Dolphyngyrl about the turn method. I would make my top lay the backing face down on the top, sew around it, leave a small opening so you can turn it and slip stitch the opening. I don't know why you couldm't free motion quilt if you wanted. I am like you, I don't want to put binding on them.

Blog Entries
    Yup...you can do the turn, pillow method and FMQ them. I have done that...its quick and easy.

Blog Entries
    I was also just think...you could sew it all around...then cut it at the bottom on the backside. Then pull through the fabric/binding....FMQ it then out a label on top of the slit. That would be sooo easy.

Never thought of sewing & turning - duh!! Also never thought of fm quilting to 'pretty it up'. I have to make about 20 of these, and I don't think it'd take TOO long. Just really didn't want to mess with bindings. I also thought maybe I'll use my embroidery machine & embroider the event & date on & cut into strips, using them as a border.

Thanks, all!

Ooooh, THIS would be a cute 'welcoming gift': http://quilting.about.com/od/giftsfo...atquarter.htm#

the flip method works great for them. :)

Hey Craftybear, just found your blog. Now I will get absolutely NOTHING done today! Thanks for all the great links. :)

Blog Entries
    You guys are life savers! I have two pieces laying there that are supposed to become mug rugs but I don't want to do binding. FLIP METHOD - duh! Now why didn't I think of that??? HA! I don't need to coz I got the lovely helpers of the QB.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast